Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Despite the obvious duck tales. It's a very stylish and entertaining show. The actors they chose are great.

Waiting to see Wood Harris as Specer Haywood

mask.png

I thought Donell Rawlings was in this too. Could’ve sworn I seen an interview earlier this year with him promoting it a little saying he had a part

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think the second episode. I thought he might off been one of those church people.

Holy shyt :deadmanny:

That’s my dude but they way he kinda spoke on it…. I thought he had a slightly bigger role:dwillhuh:

I wonder did he film more scenes
But they just edited out or does he do more later?

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
we need to revert back to the 70s in the aspect of men (really people in general) not having to feel they need to be something they’re not.
The bold is an interesting dynamic that was touched on in the Old Black Hollywood thread. These figures were everything under the sun in private but when those lights hit? It was always a show, or a performance, or a smile. Social media and news coverage has obviously destroyed the ability to be discrete but it feels nowadays keeping it TOO real is applauded. I don’t expect these public figures to be outstanding law abiding citizens… but they THEMSELVES put everything on front street and it’s like :mindblown:

hell, even in an interview discussing his sexual acts.. he still kept it cool. Was transparent, but still tasteful. most definitely. Reminds me of that kid in your school that can be thrown into any subgroup and still shine. Not due to their knowledge of the culture, but just their overall energy. Larry Bird talked about Magic wanting to take the front entrance instead of the side during the ‘92 Olympics in their HBO doc. He wanted to throw himself into the energy of fans waiting to see him, to get an autograph from him, to see bro cheese.

That “my heart’s cold” shyt is for the birds. I know there’s no incentive to be shine bright as a light bulb in 2022 but who cares.
NOt sure how old most of you are, but Magic was lambasted for this interview and his sexual behavior. I remember dude was critiqued for this interview for years.

Now Harden is putting his face in strippers buttcheeks and no one cares.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nah that aint it....80s hoopers had a clean image. Magic was a fun loving wholesome dude who charmed white ppl with his smile n laidback swag. Most fans didnt know he was an ultra freak behind the scenes.

The 80s are when Gatorade and other corporations got involved and projected that family friendly shyt

Bc of IG/twitter, the facade is gone. You can see that your favorite player is a douchebag, scumbag etc irl....b4 that, there was still mystique and more control over the image portrayed to the public

I don't think that. In 80's everyone pretty much assumed any celeb was coke and orgy parties. Even for the "clean" dudes, everyone figured that's what went on behind the scenes. It's just that no one really cared enough to make it a hot topic.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I think the second episode. I thought he might off been one of those church people.

Holy shyt :deadmanny:

That’s my dude but they way he kinda spoke on it…. I thought he had a slightly bigger role:dwillhuh:

I wonder did he film more scenes
But they just edited out or does he do more later?
Donnell Rawlings Speaks On HBO’s ‘Winning Time,’ Cancel Culture, & Joe Rogan Using The N-Word

On his role in the HBO dramedy Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty:
“I can tell you that I had the opportunity to work with a talented cast. It’s probably going to be one of the biggest sports documentaries that’s hit cable or regular TV.
“I play Magic Johnson’s father’s friend who works at the car factory with him. I think I’m in three or four of the episodes. It’s not a major role, but again, I get to align myself with some talented actors, some talented producers, and to put another thing on my resume.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I also wonder how much of a role removing coke and other drugs played into it as well.

I don't think this can be understated

coke was very much a part of that lifestyle and hard drugs wasn't seen as it is now back then at least up until the "war on drugs" started.

obviously you couldn't do drugs out in the open but it was certainly a big part of celebrity diets back in the 70s & 80s

Daps
Getting caught up. It all worked out for the Lakers, obviously, but the alternate universe where Tark took over was probably entertaining as hell. He would have won in L.A. too. He had those late '80s/early '90s UNLV teams dropping buckets on everybody. Love those Larry Johnson-led teams from my childhood more than any college team historically as a neutral viewer. As much as the Bo Kimble/Hank Gathers Loyola Marymount teams, but as a kid, I never really saw them on TV at all and only got to see them after the fact on YouTube.