Official Windows Phone 8 thread...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Cause I actually have something to use the phone for :smugcena: What good is 99% battery if it's a paper weight when you're not talking/texting/taking pics?

Only thing worth talking about on the Lumia is the camera. That shyt is AMAZING. Best camera I've ever used.

Everything else is not for somebody who does anything other than talk/text on the phone. From the restricted nature of the OS to the lack of apps, it screams grandma phone after a couple of days/weeks. None of the available apps are as good as their IOS/Android counterparts and the other ones aren't even there. You really just posted a $2.49 MP3 downloader app in 2013 and I sound silly? :usure:

Be more specific. Your saying ignorant shyt like "its a paperweight" and it does nothing useful, but I can show you millons that would disagree. Please tell me what exactly you needed the phone to do that it couldn't perform for you. And if you say instagram your going on ignore. I can understand if you simply prefer the Android OS over the Windows OS, but making retarded claims like it doesn't do anything more than make phone calls and send texts is the height of ignorance.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Be more specific. Your saying ignorant shyt like "its a paperweight" and it does nothing useful, but I can show you millons that would disagree. Please tell me what exactly you needed the phone to do that it couldn't perform for you. And if you say instagram your going on ignore. I can understand if you simply prefer the Android OS over the Windows OS, but making retarded claims like it doesn't do anything more than make phone calls and send texts is the height of ignorance.

The millions that you can show don't mean anything to me. There are millions of blackberry and IOS users too and neither of those platforms are for me either. I owned the phone for about 3-4 months and made my decision. I'm not shytting on the phone off of hearsay. OBVIOUSLY everything I'm saying is my opinion based on the length of time I actually used and interacted with the phone.

I'm a strong media user on my phone. Things like downloading mp3s, downloading/managing files and the like shouldn't be cumbersome on a smart phone in 2013. Seeing a big biz post on here or a thread on a new track should be easy to grab and store on the go, but it's still not possible. I copied music from my collection to the phone (all MP3s) and some files wouldn't play and others showed up as duplicate albums. Simple things that should be easy to get right (even if you just liberally steal from other platforms) didn't work as expected.

It is behind the curve in all things that matter to me. I felt like I took a few steps back in everything except the camera. It has a very nice and polished interface, but the actual smartphone functionality was lacking. I hated the app management feature (switching between apps and having to exit out of all of them with the back button). I didn't even use instagram user until after I got back to Android, but it would have been nice to be able to use the best feature of the phone in an app designed for that feature. The lack of quality apps was depressing. There are no good alternatives to what's on the phone (browser, email, etc.) It's either use what's there or don't use anything at all.

Don't have to go back and forth to justify my stance though (and I truly give 0 fukks about your ignore feature :ld:).

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The millions that you can show don't mean anything to me. There are millions of blackberry and IOS users too and neither of those platforms are for me either. I owned the phone for about 3-4 months and made my decision. I'm not shytting on the phone off of hearsay. OBVIOUSLY everything I'm saying is my opinion based on the length of time I actually used and interacted with the phone.

I'm a strong media user on my phone. Things like downloading mp3s, downloading/managing files and the like shouldn't be cumbersome on a smart phone in 2013. Seeing a big biz post on here or a thread on a new track should be easy to grab and store on the go, but it's still not possible. I copied music from my collection to the phone (all MP3s) and some files wouldn't play and others showed up as duplicate albums. Simple things that should be easy to get right (even if you just liberally steal from other platforms) didn't work as expected.

It is behind the curve in all things that matter to me. I felt like I took a few steps back in everything except the camera. It has a very nice and polished interface, but the actual smartphone functionality was lacking. I hated the app management feature (switching between apps and having to exit out of all of them with the back button). I didn't even use instagram user until after I got back to Android, but it would have been nice to be able to use the best feature of the phone in an app designed for that feature. The lack of quality apps was depressing. There are no good alternatives to what's on the phone (browser, email, etc.) It's either use what's there or don't use anything at all.

Don't have to go back and forth to justify my stance though (and I truly give 0 fukks about your ignore feature :ld:).

Enjoy your nexus breh.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@Malta or anyone else interested in WP8

I have a T-Mobile HTC 8X in excellent absolute mint condition and a new Lumia 521 still in box sealed. Anyone want to pick them up? I'll let them go cheaper than anyone else. I might also grab a black Lumia 920 in mint condition and have that available in the coming days.

I am almost tempted to keep the 8x with how nice it looks, but I know it will just get lost in the shuffle of all the other phones I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:what:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why isn't this thread upped? Really an important thread in this fukking forum. I'll post some gem Apps that you should get immediately if you haven't already:

#2InstaWithLove
627.AM Free and Paid:
9Gag
Accuweather
Amazing Weather HD
AppoinTile
Asphalt 7 (game)
Astronomy Hub
Astronomy lock screen (with pic of the day)
Audible
Baconit (Pin from within the app for the beauty - i.e. a subreddit!) Free and Donate
Battery
Basketball Live - great basketball news aggregator. Grea pics and videos as well
Bookmyshow
Bookqueue
Brit+ Co.
CamCard
Chimpact (game)
Chronos Calendar
CNN
Cocktail Flow
Custom Tile Maker (Selected Photo Album) Free and Paid
Das Image
Disqus
Dredd vs Zombies (game)
Engadget
ESPN Scorecenter
Facebook Beta
Fantasia Painter Free and Paid
FFFFound
Frost Free and Paid
Fuse Free and Paid
Gasbuddy
Group Tiles (Subjective)
Groupon
Guns4Hire (Game)
Istunt - great snowboarding game
Kindle (When You Pin Books To Start)
Lockscreen Text (Your Chosen Text)
Memorylage
My Stocks Portfolio+ Great Stock trading app!
Metrotube
NextGen Reder
Nokia Music (Nokia Lumia Exclusive)
Note+ - backs up all notes to cloud instantly. Like a much simpler evernote
Opentable
Package Tracker
Pandora
People Hub (Subjective)
Photo Shader
Photostream
Puzzlecraft (Game)
Robotek (Game)
Scruff
Simply Weather
Soundhound
Speedtest.net
Sonic CD
NOVA 3
Stop the Music!
The Dark Night Rises (Game)
The Quote
The Weather Channel
Tumblr
TVShow Free and Paid
Urbanspoon
USA Today
Vevo
Vimeo
Wallbase
Weather Flow - GOAT Weather App on ANY Platform
Weave Free and Paid - BEST RSS feed aggregator on ANY platform. Live tile is amazing also!
Week View 8
Whatsapp
Wheel of Wealth (game)
Wikipedia
Windows Phone Central
Windows Phone Insider
Xbox Music Tile (When Music Is Playing!)
XMBC Remote

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Why isn't this thread upped? Really an important thread in this fukking forum. I'll post some gem Apps that you should get immediately if you haven't already:

#2InstaWithLove
627.AM Free and Paid:
9Gag
Accuweather
Amazing Weather HD
AppoinTile
Asphalt 7 (game)
Astronomy Hub
Astronomy lock screen (with pic of the day)
Audible
Baconit (Pin from within the app for the beauty - i.e. a subreddit!) Free and Donate
Battery
Basketball Live - great basketball news aggregator. Grea pics and videos as well
Bookmyshow
Bookqueue
Brit+ Co.
CamCard
Chimpact (game)
Chronos Calendar
CNN
Cocktail Flow
Custom Tile Maker (Selected Photo Album) Free and Paid
Das Image
Disqus
Dredd vs Zombies (game)
Engadget
ESPN Scorecenter
Facebook Beta
Fantasia Painter Free and Paid
FFFFound
Frost Free and Paid
Fuse Free and Paid
Gasbuddy
Group Tiles (Subjective)
Groupon
Guns4Hire (Game)
Istunt - great snowboarding game
Kindle (When You Pin Books To Start)
Lockscreen Text (Your Chosen Text)
Memorylage
My Stocks Portfolio+ Great Stock trading app!
Metrotube
NextGen Reder
Nokia Music (Nokia Lumia Exclusive)
Note+ - backs up all notes to cloud instantly. Like a much simpler evernote
Opentable
Package Tracker
Pandora
People Hub (Subjective)
Photo Shader
Photostream
Puzzlecraft (Game)
Robotek (Game)
Scruff
Simply Weather
Soundhound
Speedtest.net
Sonic CD
NOVA 3
Stop the Music!
The Dark Night Rises (Game)
The Quote
The Weather Channel
Tumblr
TVShow Free and Paid
Urbanspoon
USA Today
Vevo
Vimeo
Wallbase
Weather Flow - GOAT Weather App on ANY Platform
Weave Free and Paid - BEST RSS feed aggregator on ANY platform. Live tile is amazing also!
Week View 8
Whatsapp
Wheel of Wealth (game)
Wikipedia
Windows Phone Central
Windows Phone Insider
Xbox Music Tile (When Music Is Playing!)
XMBC Remote

I guess only droid and iOS get stickies

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
A Co-Worker of mine is now considering it after I let him play with the 8X.

Microsoft is dropping the ball, there are MANY people bored with android and iOS these days.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A Co-Worker of mine is now considering it after I let him play with the 8X.

Microsoft is dropping the ball, there are MANY people bored with android and iOS these days.

This is true and why I always give a windows phone play...if Samsung came out with a note 2 or 3 windows edition im gone from android.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I m trynna search for apps but can't remember how to get to the search function for the apps. Thx in advance guys

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin