Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Come on, breh. This is the same Mandarin in Ancient China that was shown at the beginning of Shang Chi. What changed the timeline for this Mandarin is that he encounters Hela, the Hela that was shown in the flashback from Thor Ragnarok, except she gets her powers stripped from her and gets cast out like Thor did in Thor 1.

She is a mortal. But she gets taught how to bend wind from the benders in Shang Chi.

One could argue that the Mandarin in What If is weaker than the Mandarin in Shang Chi, cause he's younger and less experienced.

One could also argue that this is Odin in his prime (Hela says to Thor and Loki in Ragnarok "You know him when he got old and tired. I knew him in his prime") so he should be stronger here than he is in Thor 1, 2 and 3.

And yet, he gets his butt kicked by a mortal Hela and mortal Mandarin and some rings.

Come on, breh, you know the power scaling is off.
You comparing it to the mcu versions, anything could be possible he could be out of his prime as well at that point in the hela episode
He put an enchantment on Thor's hammer.

Yall really need to watch the movies.
i did watch thor, the hela episode was essentially that and shang chi. That’s just my opinion though

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Man :pacspit:

I hated that. So you expect me to believe that Odin in the MCU could be took down by Shang Chi and one of them Chinese women from that village?

You have got to be kidding me.

And this wasn't old Odin, this was Odin in his prime. :dahell:

It was a good story but the fact that they ignored Odin power scale took a lot away from it.

Thor aint as powerful as Odin and Thor one shotted Thanos with the infinity gauntlet.

Shang Chi wouldn't even be able to handle Thor if they fought.

But I'm supposed to believe that with the rings and one of them Chinese ladies, that he could put up a good fight against Odin?? :dahell:

We all like to make these rationalizations of who would win in fights, I do this too, but at the end of the day it's about who writes the story. Even in the comics, these omega level powered individuals get beaten by people who we think have low power levels because of.......reasons. It's all about who the writer wants to come out on top.

Last edited:
Daps

We all like to make these rationalizations of who would win in fights, I do this too, but at the end of the day it's about who writes the story. Even in the comics, these omega level powered individuals get beaten by people who we think have low power levels because of.......reasons. It's all about who the writer wants to come out on top.

Who has Odin been defeated by?