Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Good to see Killmonger getting his due as a villain but the rest of the story had some issues.

So Queen Ramonda is a warrior general now, leading the Army, while T'Chaka chills at the palace during a battle ? He should have resumed being black panther. I don't see this happening with Odin and Frigga.

Also getting really tired of seeing T'Challa die.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this show is the first MCU related content that isn't appointment viewing, and with each passing episode i really hope they don't crossover any of this into canon.

... but they are gonna. they seem to really think Captain Carter is something people want to see live action.

i don't know, maybe i'm still hung up on it being animation, but none of this is wowing me. i can't give a shyt about any of this, just feels like time filler til the next MCU proper. i don't even think half the hypothetical stories are that interesting tbh.

flame on.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be in the minority but wasn’t feeling this Killmonger episode too much. It was cool to see him be cunning but I think they took out T’Challa too easily. I did like the scene of them in the astro-plane with T’Challa trying to warn him. For his father to trust him completely knowing that his father aka his brother was out in the world plotting. I dunno. It had its parts but I know most people liked Killmongers approach to dealing with things then T’Challas
He essentially used the same weapon Obadiah stain used on Tony to make him paralyzed and actually killed him. Plus this was before shuri developed the bee black Panther tech so his suit couldn’t defend him. AND the weapon he used was upgraded by Tony to be even stronger. It made perfect sense plus his goal was to always kill T’challa and take the throne just like the movie

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Good to see Killmonger getting his due as a villain but the rest of the story had some issues.

So Queen Ramonda is a warrior now while T'Chaka chills at the palace during a battle. He should have resumed being black panther. I don't see this happening with Odin and Frigga.

This story took place like 8 years before Civil War and Black Oanther. It was implied Ramona was Dora Millaje until she retired. T’Chaka retired from the black Panther earlier. Might have been around the time T’challa first took over and would explain how he wasn’t even close to killmonger combat wise as killmonger already had half his murders by this point. Also, T’Challa, Tony Stark, and Cision have died damn near every episode. Pretty sure Thor died in the only episode he appeared and every hero I think minus spiderman was murdered.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

So Queen Ramonda is a warrior general now, leading the Army, while T'Chaka chills at the palace during a battle ? He should have resumed being black panther. I don't see this happening with Odin and Frigga.

Queen Ramonda is a trained Dora Milaje and never fell off. T'Chaka got :flabbynsick: on the throne.
that serves to emphasizes Killmonger's motives even more. T'Chaka saw KM as an easy way out of the consequences
of his laissez-faire handling of the Wakandan nation. he could have and should have done more.

and to touch on seeing T'Challa die multiple times...i think that Chadwick knew and had a part in crafting his final performances this way.
he was facing his final time on google earf and he knew it. this was what he wanted to do with his time.
you have to respect that. he was reflecting on his own mortality to us via T'Challa...

:wow:

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
this show is the first MCU related content that isn't appointment viewing, and with each passing episode i really hope they don't crossover any of this into canon.

... but they are gonna. they seem to really think Captain Carter is something people want to see live action.

i don't know, maybe i'm still hung up on it being animation, but none of this is wowing me. i can't give a shyt about any of this, just feels like time filler til the next MCU proper. i don't even think half the hypothetical stories are that interesting tbh.

flame on.

let me step back and take a deep breath...

ok, so you have a problem with the MCU drawing from the animated What if?
the MCU draws from comic books.
literal drawings.

i find it beautiful that it has come full circle.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:wow: I thought they was gonna try to end with a white friendly ending but Killmonger really outchere trynna free the guys. Playing the yts like a fiddle the entire time. And that Pepper and Shuri scene aint enough to stop what's coming, Tchallas Mom & Pops already want blood. Killmonger for the people:mjgrin:

Last edited:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wow: I thought they was gonna try to end with a white friendly ending but Killmonger really outchere trynna free the guys. Playing the yts like a fiddle the entire time. And that Pepper and Shuri scene aint enough to stop what's coming, Tchallas Mom & Pops already want blood. Killmonger for the people:mjgrin:
Knowing killmonger he prolly gonna kill the dad too cause he get down like that