Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Not to go against the grain but this felt meh compared to the first ep and I wasn’t too crazy about that one either

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the 2nd episode more just because it brought more fresh ideas to the What If? concept, along with getting to see another performance from Chadwick :mjcry:. The character that Djimon Hounsou played in Guardians was pretty funny here. Didn't expect Thanos to be a part of the Ravagers either:ehh:.

Quill mopping up floors at Dairy Queen :mjlol:. As a kid those Mr. Misty's and ice cream cakes :ohlawd:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I understand your perspective and you make valid points, but is it confirmed that the multi-verse is gonna be goin on indefinitely?

i thought its just for this phase of the MCU - business wise, like you said, they get to pump out a lot of properties without the connectivity issues due to multiple timelines

but storywise, i think this is their way of bringing in all the other main characters into the fold without having to over-explain where they were all this time (F4, X-men and their related characters, and potentially bringing back characters/recasting characters)

I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse gets "closed off" ("fixed" in the storyline) after the Kang phase, once everyone they need is introduced, and everything goes back into one timeline for the next phase of Doom/Galactus etc

:manny:
Yeah, good point, and if they did that then I'll bow out and admit I was wrong.

I really was into the multiverse idea at first....but I think they would have been better served by keeping it more mysterious. Having all the Loki variants (including a fukking alligator...which, you know, I get is cute and meme-able but it suggests that there's absolutely no limits or logic to the multiverse....that it's just a gimmick for them to shyt out content that doesnt make a lick of sense), then go into What If by saying its MCU cannon - they showed their hand, to me.....and its a cheap ploy; not an interesting storytelling device.