Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just named 5 movies out of 20 in a 6 yr period

You named the duds an yes that Damien 3 movie run was :mjlol: but saying they fell off is WILD

Out of those 20 in 6 years is a lot of quality that the DC animated movies are known for

I didn't list them all just the ones I could remember. I'm sure I could add plenty more because most of them were mid aside from the two JL Darks.

Again if Marvel really puts the effort into animation they're going to take that too. What If is just the start. It already looks high quality and the money is there. Marvel on D+ has proven they can take smaller characters, get people to care about them, and write creative stories around them. I wouldn't mind a T'Challa series.

We'll revisit this subject.

The King vs. Kang :wow::damn::ohlawd::snoop::to::sadbron:

Just not right brehs.

I didn't even think of that.

Chadwick and Majors would've had some great scenes together. They didn't get to interact in Da 5 Bloods.

When I was watching the episode I kind of forgot he's no longer here. It wasn't until the dedication with the sad music that it really hit me:mjcry:

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
236472752_351128379984001_2512611807423863760_n.jpg

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the 2nd episode. I think my problem with the 1st is that there wasn't that many significant or interesting changes from the original Captain America story.

It's interesting how powerful T'Challa's spirit is that he literally saves the universe just by exploring it.

My only overall criticism with the series is the pacing seems too fast. There's lines, ideas, plot points, etc that we should sit in a a while longer, but they just wiz by. Nebula flipped sides like twice in less than a minute.

Last edited:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
:stopitslime:

DC animated fell off. We're not talking about 10 years ago but the present and near future.

The lane is wide open. If Marvel is putting money behind animation and bringing more shows to D+ it's over.

Have you seen long Halloween sir?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Not yet. Gonna watch part 1 tomorrow. NGL I'm tired of Batman.

This should remind you who is Kang :lolbron:

But seriously. .. it will.

And THIS would be Marvel's FIRST good animated movie/ series and we talking everything :unimpressed:

Daps
really liked the episode, would have liked to see more in that timeline

honestly, seeing T'Challa Star-Lord swagged out, handling his business with no powers or suits, being a leader across galaxy

homie convinced Thanos to ride along

only shows the potential of what MCU T'Challa could have done in future movies. 1st movie they had to flesh out the other characters and Wakanda at the expense of his screentime, but I always thought BP2 would showcase his character more

:mjcry:

Daps
That's gone now. There is no more U in MCU...it's MCUs...plural, and all that I liked most about it was killed.

I get why they did it...now they can drop what I'm sure was most difficult about holding the MCU together. Now they can just make endless shows and movies, slap the MCU brand on it, call it "canon", and pump out content. It's there golden goose to break into the streaming service world. Quantity over quality, imo.

I understand your perspective and you make valid points, but is it confirmed that the multi-verse is gonna be goin on indefinitely?

i thought its just for this phase of the MCU - business wise, like you said, they get to pump out a lot of properties without the connectivity issues due to multiple timelines

but storywise, i think this is their way of bringing in all the other main characters into the fold without having to over-explain where they were all this time (F4, X-men and their related characters, and potentially bringing back characters/recasting characters)

I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse gets "closed off" ("fixed" in the storyline) after the Kang phase, once everyone they need is introduced, and everything goes back into one timeline for the next phase of Doom/Galactus etc

:manny: