Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
soo wtf was the deal with the octopus:gucci:
does it even matter?

how does peggy do all this with her hair down:mindblown:?
I was expecting the voice overs to be kinda cringey tbh but it was solid work? ... Unlike the Stuart Little 3 character models:beli: but i suppose it was designed to keep costs down qnd not take forever to animate
Nerd fanboys know what the octopus is , I don't care till I need to and I probably still won't care.

Daps
Same thing I've been bytchiing about since Loki ep 1. :pachaha:

I guess I'm alone in this around here, but for me the MCU was great not because of the individual movies, but because of the collective.
On their own, most MCU movies are just alright, with a couple great ones sprinkled in. The fact there was a U in the MCU, though, made them all better.
A consistent world where we could watch characters grow individually and as team, over time...and all culminated in Infinity War/End Game to make the best movie experiences I've ever had.

That's gone now. There is no more U in MCU...it's MCUs...plural, and all that I liked most about it was killed.

I get why they did it...now they can drop what I'm sure was most difficult about holding the MCU together. Now they can just make endless shows and movies, slap the MCU brand on it, call it "canon", and pump out content. It's there golden goose to break into the streaming service world. Quantity over quality, imo.
I know pretty much everyone here disagree with me...but I'd rather have one MCU movie every year or so than a hundred shows, cartoons, and movies...all of which are connected only through the Marvel brand and characters (all different multiverse versions, mind you)..

Add to the fact that everything post Endgame has seemed to pay more attention to political messaging than actually telling a good story....and the future looks grim imo.
Captain Marvel is now the "strongest Avenger".
In Wandavision Vision followed Wanda around like a lost puppy.
In Falcon the original Cap was made to look like little more than a tool of American oppression and imperialism.
In Loki Loki followed She-Loki (who was labeled the "superior Loki" multiple times) around like a lost puppy....
Carter where able to save Bucky where Steve failed to...
This isnt a conspiracy....Feige as made it clear this is their objective. And I dont have a problem with that necessarily (or politically), but the fact that they have to diminish and castrate all the previous heroes to push their message just shows laziness, to me. Why cant they write a good story AND include the themes that they want? "Kill the past" was the Star Wars take on it (and they destroyed Luke as well. Luke fukking Skywalker was turned into a moping, miserable, shyt head).
I mean, if we're being honest...is Captain Marvel, Wandavision, FATWS, and Loki anything you're going to revisit? I have little desire to....and I've rewatched the Infinity Saga movies more times than I can count...

:ehh: points were made.

I for one am not excited about What If at all.

But then, I didn't like The First Avenger movie either so maybe thats why I didn't like an episode based on that movie :ehh:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after looking at the first episode, i don't want any of this series to be woven into the MCU.
Thats why it's called What If bruh:russ:

No different than the comic series. Strictly fukk around purposes only

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
Not too familiar with the "What if..." series but I enjoyed the 1st episode. Is this all canon? Does it chronologically take place after Loki?
If so was Peggy deciding to stay in the room considered a nexus event?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"kang and loki opened the multiverse"
Yea but that's the entire premise of What If comics/show in the first place

All What If stories belong to the multiverse that don't make them canon

That's the whole point of a multiverse. Having the canon universe and the interesting alternatives

Again the shyt is called WHAT IF:russ:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Come on wit it!!!!

UKVu0t8.gif

Daps
This show aint on my radar so much so that I forgot the new episode was even dropping tonight.

I just happened to be up cause I just finished my workout. Imma throw it on. Hopefully it picks up with this one.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh