Official What If...? Season 1 Thread

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Ok gotcha, yeah I don't agree. I think they are still telling good stories and they always had themes/messaging in their movies. They may be making them more relevant and speak to current events now but it was always there.
And I like the multiverse because it's real science fiction. Theoretical physics talks about the very idea recently.
I have watched many reaction videos to WandaVision episode 8 and Loki's final episode. Marvel went places dramatically they never have. WandaVision episode 8 is an achievement in dramamtic writing.
Real science fiction?
And the multiverse is way different in actual science and heavily disputed.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
235941104_978924176018274_2843820997235832554_n.jpg

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
I enjoyed it. Episode was too much fun. The animation on her fight scenes were very fluid. Looked like how an actual superhuman would move. She seemed stronger than main universe Steve as well. Kinda like Ultimate Cap for you comic heads.

Cant wait to see how the T'Challa Guardians mashup plays out.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
So your issue is that Feige is “too woke” or something? :heh:
My issue is that, to me, there has been a noticeable difference in quality since that change. Im not in Feige's head, but he has made it clear that politics is his primary focus now, and its degrading the quality, in my opinion.
All the original heroes were flawed, and a major part of their character growth was overcoming those flaws.
Steve was weak, stubborn, and later almost mechanically committed to the military. He overcame that throughout the course of his early movies.
Tony was vain, womanizing and selfish...
Thor was arrogant, immature, and selfish...
Nat was an assassin trying to make things right....
Hawkeye had the whole Ronin thing eventually.....
Hulk was out of control and destructive...
Quill was childish, womanizing, vain, and selfish...
Gamora, Rocket, and Drax were selfish and untrusting of others...
Nebula was Thano's minion...
Strange was an a$$hole..
What made those movies good was that they had actual character arcs that were earned.

Now that he seems to be focused primarily on political messaging, every new character is perfect from the jump.
Capt. Marvel, Monica, Silvie, and now Peggy....all flawless. No arc...no character development....just constantly being told through exposition how perfect they are.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
My issue is that, to me, there has been a noticeable difference in quality since that change. Im not in Feige's head, but he has made it clear that politics is his primary focus now, and its degrading the quality, in my opinion.
All the original heroes were flawed, and a major part of their character growth was overcoming those flaws.
Steve was weak, stubborn, and later almost mechanically committed to the military. He overcame that throughout the course of his early movies.
Tony was vain, womanizing and selfish...
Thor was arrogant, immature, and selfish...
Nat was an assassin trying to make things right....
Hawkeye had the whole Ronin thing eventually.....
Hulk was out of control and destructive...
Quill was childish, womanizing, vain, and selfish...
Gamora, Rocket, and Drax were selfish and untrusting of others...
Nebula was Thano's minion...
Strange was an a$$hole..
What made those movies good was that they had actual character arcs that were earned.

Now that he seems to be focused primarily on political messaging, every new character is perfect from the jump.
Capt. Marvel, Monica, Silvie, and now Peggy....all flawless. No arc...no character development....just constantly being told through exposition how perfect they are.[/QUOTE
]
Seems like the only thing standing in their way was a penis, they're perfect