To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
SPOILER_SPOILER_IMG-20210813-WA0000.png

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
How would they do a live action Captain Carter?
CGI like Thanos? New actress? because og Peggy isn't going to gym to get that buff

They could use a padded suit. Which is probably what they'll do for she hulk.

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Open for what?
Same thing I've been bytchiing about since Loki ep 1. :pachaha:

I guess I'm alone in this around here, but for me the MCU was great not because of the individual movies, but because of the collective.
On their own, most MCU movies are just alright, with a couple great ones sprinkled in. The fact there was a U in the MCU, though, made them all better.
A consistent world where we could watch characters grow individually and as team, over time...and all culminated in Infinity War/End Game to make the best movie experiences I've ever had.

That's gone now. There is no more U in MCU...it's MCUs...plural, and all that I liked most about it was killed.

I get why they did it...now they can drop what I'm sure was most difficult about holding the MCU together. Now they can just make endless shows and movies, slap the MCU brand on it, call it "canon", and pump out content. It's there golden goose to break into the streaming service world. Quantity over quality, imo.
I know pretty much everyone here disagree with me...but I'd rather have one MCU movie every year or so than a hundred shows, cartoons, and movies...all of which are connected only through the Marvel brand and characters (all different multiverse versions, mind you)..

Add to the fact that everything post Endgame has seemed to pay more attention to political messaging than actually telling a good story....and the future looks grim imo.
Captain Marvel is now the "strongest Avenger".
In Wandavision Vision followed Wanda around like a lost puppy.
In Falcon the original Cap was made to look like little more than a tool of American oppression and imperialism.
In Loki Loki followed She-Loki (who was labeled the "superior Loki" multiple times) around like a lost puppy....
Carter where able to save Bucky where Steve failed to...
This isnt a conspiracy....Feige as made it clear this is their objective. And I dont have a problem with that necessarily (or politically), but the fact that they have to diminish and castrate all the previous heroes to push their message just shows laziness, to me. Why cant they write a good story AND include the themes that they want? "Kill the past" was the Star Wars take on it (and they destroyed Luke as well. Luke fukking Skywalker was turned into a moping, miserable, shyt head).
I mean, if we're being honest...is Captain Marvel, Wandavision, FATWS, and Loki anything you're going to revisit? I have little desire to....and I've rewatched the Infinity Saga movies more times than I can count...

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Same thing I've been bytchiing about since Loki ep 1. :pachaha:

I guess I'm alone in this around here, but for me the MCU was great not because of the individual movies, but because of the collective.
On their own, most MCU movies are just alright, with a couple great ones sprinkled in. The fact there was a U in the MCU, though, made them all better.
A consistent world where we could watch characters grow individually and as team, over time...and all culminated in Infinity War/End Game to make the best movie experiences I've ever had.

That's gone now. There is no more U in MCU...it's MCUs...plural, and all that I liked most about it was killed.

I get why they did it...now they can drop what I'm sure was most difficult about holding the MCU together. Now they can just make endless shows and movies, slap the MCU brand on it, call it "canon", and pump out content. It's there golden goose to break into the streaming service world. Quantity over quality, imo.
I know pretty much everyone here disagree with me...but I'd rather have one MCU movie every year or so than a hundred shows, cartoons, and movies...all of which are connected only through the Marvel brand and characters (all different multiverse versions, mind you)..

Add to the fact that everything post Endgame has seemed to pay more attention to political messaging than actually telling a good story....and the future looks grim imo.
Captain Marvel is now the "strongest Avenger".
In Wandavision Vision followed Wanda around like a lost puppy.
In Falcon the original Cap was made to look like little more than a tool of American oppression and imperialism.
In Loki Loki followed She-Loki (who was labeled the "superior Loki" multiple times) around like a lost puppy....
Carter where able to save Bucky where Steve failed to...
This isnt a conspiracy....Feige as made it clear this is their objective. And I dont have a problem with that necessarily, but the fact that they have to diminish and castrate all the previous heroes to push their message just shows laziness, to me. Why cant they write a good story AND include the themes that they want? "Kill the past" was the Star Wars take on it (and they destroyed Luke as well. Luke fukking Skywalker was turned into a moping, miserable, shyt head).
I mean, if we're being honest...is Captain Marvel, Wandavision, FATWS, and Loki anything you're going to revisit? I have little desire to....and I've rewatched the Infinity Saga movies more times than I can count...
Ok gotcha, yeah I don't agree. I think they are still telling good stories and they always had themes/messaging in their movies. They may be making them more relevant and speak to current events now but it was always there.
And I like the multiverse because it's real science fiction. Theoretical physics talks about the very idea recently.
I have watched many reaction videos to WandaVision episode 8 and Loki's final episode. Marvel went places dramatically they never have. WandaVision episode 8 is an achievement in dramamtic writing.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I honestly cant imagine someone thinking that...
To each his own, I suppose.
You don't even have to imagine it.

Marvel Studios Makes History with 28 Emmy Nominations for 'WandaVision' and 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier'

Congratulations to the cast and crew of WandaVision! The full nomination list for the series includes:

Outstanding Limited Series
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series (Elizabeth Olsen)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series (Paul Bettany)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series (Kathryn Hahn)
Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series (Matt Shakman)
Outstanding Writing for a Limited (three episodes)
Chuck Hayward, Peter Cameron – “All-New Halloween Spooktacular!”
Jan Schaeffer – “Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience”
Laura Donney – “Previously On”
Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour)
Outstanding Casting for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie (two episodes)
"On A Very Special Episode..."
"The Series Finale"
Outstanding Period and/or Character Hairstyling
Outstanding Main Title Design
Outstanding Period and or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
Outstanding Music Composition for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics ("Agatha All Along")
Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
Outstanding Music Supervision
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie

WandaVision got 3 different episodes nominated for writing including episode 8.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
You don't even have to imagine it.

Marvel Studios Makes History with 28 Emmy Nominations for 'WandaVision' and 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier'

Congratulations to the cast and crew of WandaVision! The full nomination list for the series includes:

Outstanding Limited Series
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series (Elizabeth Olsen)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series (Paul Bettany)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series (Kathryn Hahn)
Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series (Matt Shakman)
Outstanding Writing for a Limited (three episodes)
Chuck Hayward, Peter Cameron – “All-New Halloween Spooktacular!”
Jan Schaeffer – “Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience”
Laura Donney – “Previously On”
Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour)
Outstanding Casting for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie (two episodes)
"On A Very Special Episode..."
"The Series Finale"
Outstanding Period and/or Character Hairstyling
Outstanding Main Title Design
Outstanding Period and or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
Outstanding Music Composition for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics ("Agatha All Along")
Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
Outstanding Music Supervision
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie

WandaVision got 3 different episodes nominated for writing including episode 8.
We can liken it to Eminem.
If we judge him by reactions video's we would says hes the GOAT.
If we judge by Grammy wins we would say he's top 3.
If we judge by sales we would say he's the GOAT.

We all know that's not true though. He's a cash cow that everyone is trying to get a piece off of...the MCU is that now too.

The 2020 Emmys TV Ratings Crashed -And So Did Its Relevance (forbes.com)

I don't recall you ever defending Wandavision on the merits of its actual story.
You bring up ratings, reaction videos, and now Emmy's.
None of that is relevant to quality, imo.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We can liken it to Eminem.
If we judge him by reactions video's we would says hes the GOAT.
If we judge by Grammy wins we would say he's top 3.
If we judge by sales we would say he's the GOAT.

We all know that's not true though. He's a cash cow that everyone is trying to get a piece off of...the MCU is that now too.

The 2020 Emmys TV Ratings Crashed -And So Did Its Relevance (forbes.com)

I don't recall you ever defending Wandavision on the merits of its actual story.
You bring up ratings, reaction videos, and now Emmy's.
None of that is relevant to quality, imo.
There is no true or false in your analogy. It's all opinion/personal preference. If someone thinks Eminem is the best that's valid as me saying he doesn't make appealing music. We are speaking from our perspective.
It doesn't benefit me any to say I thought WandaVision episode 8 was a dramatic achievement. It's not a cash cow for me. So why am I doing it? Multiple people thought of and finalized the list of Emmy nominees. They all have less than pure motivations because they don't agree with you? I don't think it works that way.

Last edited:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you're interpreting this incorrectly. Fiege has more control now, not less. This is why the TV end now exists and is canon with the film verse. Fiege didn't fukk with Perlmutter and was essentially freezing all the TV stuff out of his brand as he didn't have control of it.

This means that the person was in control of the MCU has more control. Fiege and Perlmutter were in-fighting constantly.

So the correct answer isn't "now Disney is in charge" its now "Fiege is in charge". He is basically the head of Marvel as a brand now, instead of just the film division. That's why all this Disney+ stuff is so on brand and nothing like the Netflix and ABC shows.
Exactly, Dude’s just be saying anything.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
There is no true or false in your analogy. It's all opinion/personal preference. If someone thinks Eminem is the best that's valid as me saying he doesn't make appealing music. We are speaking from our perspective.
It doesn't benefit me any to say I thought WandaVision episode 8 was a dramatic achievement. It's not a cash cow for me. So why am I doing it? Multiple people thought of and finalized the list of Emmy nominees. They all have less than pure motivations because they don't agree with you? I don't think it works that way.
None of those metrics are convincing to me.
If they are to you, great.

If it didnt get nominated would that change your mind?
If reactor on Youtube didnt like it would it change your mind?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
None of those metrics are convincing to me.
If they are to you, great.

If it didnt get nominated would that change your mind?
If reactor on Youtube didnt like it would it change your mind?
You said, "I can't imagine anyone thinking that." Just pointing out a lot of people think that no need to imagine. :yeshrug: