Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I'm trying to hear more about Rehoboam. Serac's background is interesting. I don't see it as a departure from the story line. We've just exchanged the narratives for the hosts in the park to the predetermined paths for people in society. The scope of the show has just gotten larger :yeshrug:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
What’s the point of the genre drug in this episode?:patrice: And what’s the point period of a drug like that :heh:

Basically seems like it makes life like a movie.... shyt was already wild but from his POV it was like over dramatic especially the black and white scenes in the beginning. The only question I have is how far in the future are they. I know people have toyed with the thought of them being in "Future world" but it's hard to say especially since I never remember them referring to a year even in the 1st couple of seasons in the park.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Basically seems like it makes life like a movie.... shyt was already wild but from his POV it was like over dramatic especially the black and white scenes in the beginning. The only question I have is how far in the future are they. I know people have toyed with the thought of them being in "Future world" but it's hard to say especially since I never remember them referring to a year even in the 1st couple of seasons in the park.
Johnathan Nolan trying not to paint himself in a corner.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305

It’s 2058

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If I'm understanding this correctly, Dolores wants to end humanity & Serac wants to control humanity to prevent it from destroying itself :patrice:

Who am I supposed to root for :patrice:

The show is so different from where we started. I just want Man in Black fukkery :why:

Sloppy story telling. Who knows what's going on here.
To me it feels like they moved the story too far ahead. It feels like this season should have started with Dolores finishing off Delos and the remnants of their plans to replace world leaders with hosts, which leads to her getting the attention of Serac and her finding out about Rehoboam, triggering the further events of this season.

It seems clear Delos will still play a big role this season and Serac most likely wants hosts replacing world leaders so he can steer the future even further. It's just that the jump from Dolores' original plans to this Serac/AI plot is so far removed from where we left off last season that it doesn't quite feel right.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
To me it feels like they moved the story too far ahead. It feels like this season should have started with Dolores finishing off Delos and the remnants of their plans to replace world leaders with hosts, which leads to her getting the attention of Serac and her finding out about Rehoboam, triggering the further events of this season.

It seems clear Delos will still play a big role this season and Serac most likely wants hosts replacing world leaders so he can steer the future even further. It's just that the jump from Dolores' original plans to this Serac/AI plot is so far removed from where we left off last season that it doesn't quite feel right.

I personally feel this may very well be the final season of the show. And they had to time jump the story for full closure.
This will be another boardwalk empire that had potential for many seasons of juicy storylines that unfortunately got cut short due to one debatable bad season (I enjoyed 2) and ppl just not caring anymore Bc of it.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I personally feel this may very well be the final season of the show. And they had to time jump the story for full closure.
This will be another boardwalk empire that had potential for many seasons of juicy storylines that unfortunately got cut short due to one debatable bad season (I enjoyed 2) and ppl just not caring anymore Bc of it.

I could see them giving this the Boardwalk Empire treatment of wrapping it up quickly. I was kind of surprised by the "2 episodes left" text in the trailer for next week. They cut the season to 8 episodes instead of the usual 10.