Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I'm guessing these interludes are supposed to indicate when rehoboam is generating a simulation?

zVNrZ1I.png
From what I understand this A.I. gives everybody a place in her "bigger picture" and those anomalies are people not going on the path.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
With only 2 main characters this episode I don't understand how people are saying it was all over the place.

One thing I liked is that they didn't stretch out the mystery of where Maeve was. Last year they would've stretched it out 2 or 3 episodes. Bringing Lee back was good. At first I didn't like it cause I felt he should've been dead but I really liked the simulation reveal.

And I hope Nazi world is one and done. No reason to go back there.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I'm guessing these interludes are supposed to indicate when rehoboam is generating a simulation?

zVNrZ1I.png

I think it is Serac's monitoring of the hosts in the real world, where their unique AI triggers an alarm of some sort. Bernard was in the South China Sea, Delores in Cali, etc....

Also that picture was in Maev's room when she was "reborn" into her new host body....

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
From what I understand this A.I. gives everybody a place in her "bigger picture" and those anomalies are people not going on the path.
Interesting, that would suggest its just one timeline (Or that the only other timeline is flashbacks a couple of weeks to Charlotte).

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
I liked the first two episodes. For the most part, I understand everything, and what I don't know, I don't mind waiting a few episodes until everything is explained or connected :yeshrug:

At the very least, I don't think it'll be as underwhelming as S2 from what I've seen so far.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I'll never understand the season 2 hate

I preferred it over season 1
Season 2 had a couple very good episodes...particularly "Reunion" and "Kiksuya"...with the latter being my favorite of the season (Akecheta's story was incredible). Overall though, the season fell into its own loop of trying to outsmart its viewers instead of putting together a cohesive storyline. I didn't hate Season 2, but it wasn't nearly as well constructed as Season 1.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Season 2 had a couple very good episodes...particularly "Reunion" and "Kiksuya"...with the latter being my favorite of the season (Akecheta's story was incredible). Overall though, the season was fell into its own loop of trying to outsmart its viewers instead of putting together a cohesive storyline. I didn't hate Season 2, but it wasn't nearly as well constructed as Season 1.
That's why i prefer it over season 1

I like mind fukkery type stuff that makes u go

:ohhh:

I'm not a brain dead nikka that just wants everything fed to me easily.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
That's why i prefer it over season 1

I like mind fukkery type stuff that makes u go

:ohhh:

I'm not a brain dead nikka that just wants everything fed to me easily.
You can have a mind-bending showing that challenges your thinking...and still be cohesive. I didn't mind the multiple time lines or puzzles that were there to be solved, but the Samurai world stuff was pointless and ate up a lot of time. That hurt the season overall. But again...didn't hate the season...just didn't find it as well put together.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
With only 2 main characters this episode I don't understand how people are saying it was all over the place.

One thing I liked is that they didn't stretch out the mystery of where Maeve was. Last year they would've stretched it out 2 or 3 episodes. Bringing Lee back was good. At first I didn't like it cause I felt he should've been dead but I really liked the simulation reveal.

And I hope Nazi world is one and done. No reason to go back there.
I love posting here because there's a ton of knowledgeable dudes who are great at analyzing shyt, but either those same people became dumb over night, or people are just running with preset narratives. The first episode had 2 1/2 plotlines (Dolores, Caleb, and a bit of Bernard). Episode 2 had 2 plotlines (Maeve and Bernard). What are people finding convoluted?:dwillhuh:Everyone loved season 1, when that one had you following three different timelines, had an actor playing two different people in different timelines, had a character played by two different people in two different timelines, let alone it being your introduction to these storytelling mechanics in the first place. Season 2, at least, all happened in the same timeline apart from the obvious flashbacks concerning Will/MiB. Bernard's memories are scrambled, but very easy to piece together.

The same cats that laud a show like Dark (deservedly so) can't tell me WW is convoluted:francis:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I love posting here because there's a ton of knowledgeable dudes who are great at analyzing shyt, but either those same people became dumb over night, or people are just running with preset narratives. The first episode had 2 1/2 plotlines (Dolores, Caleb, and a bit of Bernard). Episode 2 had 2 plotlines (Maeve and Bernard). What are people finding convoluted?:dwillhuh:Everyone loved season 1, when that one had you following three different timelines, had an actor playing two different people in different timelines, had a character played by two different people in two different timelines, let alone it being your introduction to these storytelling mechanics in the first place. Season 2, at least, all happened in the same timeline apart from the obvious flashbacks concerning Will/MiB. Bernard's memories are scrambled, but very easy to piece together.

The same cats that laud a show like Dark (deservedly so) can't tell me WW is convoluted:francis:

Co
To the MFin
Sign
:salute:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

this season you can even tell they are "baby-stepping" through everything and explaining everything (like how sizemore character had to explain the forge again) due to the complaints of season 2.

They even had 1 episode themed to delores and another to maeve so they werent bouncing back and forth