Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Worse than the first episode?
They're both on equal footing to me. This episode was fast and covered a lot in a short time. Writing was very exposition-heavy. I guess I should be pleased because the Maeve storyline definitely would've been stretched to 2-3 episodes in S2.

Also, there's a cameo in this episode and while I expected it, I just felt like the execution fell a bit short. From that point on, it felt like the show blew its load a little early while we're only two episodes into the season.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Vincent Cassel
original.gif

if you ain't watched La Haine...take the time during the quarantine to fix that :ufdup:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
So should I still finish season 1 or nah :francis:

lol at this shyt flopping and everybody at home without shyt to do. Season 2 was trash that jumped the shark, this season is reversing the boat and cutting up the shark with the boat rudders.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am surprised how people are remotely confused. I said last week that I figured it out that everything except for Bernard's story is a simulation like the Matrix. The only thing in this episode that was actually the real world was the robot trying to escape with Maeve's pearl and Bernard's finding Ashley back at Westworld.

Dolores is somewhere in the real world, but it is clear she tapped herself into the major company's mainframe trying to destroy the main system to free up all the machines. She's basically pulling a Skynet. Season 2 even foreshadowed those intentions when she did the same thing to Westworld. So, she's knowingly in the simulation of Future World. The same simulation that Maeve is now in (it's not the real world like she was told).

Bernard and Ashley are trying to find Maeve's pearl, and which another hint or proof that Maeve is still in a simulation at the end of this episode because Maeve's actual body is still in West World with her pearl taken out.

I know people get frustrated because Westworld loves to misdirect. But if you come off already expecting misdirection and separate timelines, it really isn't that hard to figure out. They practically gave it all away in the first episode of this season.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I am surprised how people are remotely confused. I said last week that I figured it out that everything except for Bernard's story is a simulation like the Matrix. The only thing in this episode that was actually the real world was the robot trying to escape with Maeve's pearl and Bernard's finding Ashley back at Westworld.

Dolores is somewhere in the real world, but it is clear she tapped herself into the major company's mainframe trying to destroy the main system to free up all the machines. She's basically pulling a Skynet. Season 2 even foreshadowed those intentions when she did the same thing to Westworld. So, she's knowingly in the simulation of Future World. The same simulation that Maeve is now in (it's not the real world like she was told).

Bernard and Ashley are trying to find Maeve's pearl, and which another hint or proof that Maeve is still in a simulation at the end of this episode because Maeve's actual body is still in West World with her pearl taken out.

I know people get frustrated because Westworld loves to misdirect. But if you come off already expecting misdirection and separate timelines, it really isn't that hard to figure out. They practically gave it all away in the first episode of this season.

I still don't think episode 1 Dolores was a simulation or that the "future" we see is a futureworld sim. The sim within a sim quote you reference was set up for episode 2 to be just that, not that the scene itself where the quote was said was a sim.

If ep 1 was a sim, what was Dolores doing in the intro scene when she attacked the Delos exec? Why would she need a sim to sign over files? And that would mean the new Charlotte is a sim, so it wouldn't even matter whose pearl is inside of the body.

It doesn't make any sense and would be incredibly stupid.