Official Watchmen Thread

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The extended cut of the movie is dope as fukk with all the side stories included but it is damn near shot for shot of the comic.

The series is better... it's a whole original story and very well done. One of the best shows I seen in a minute. DC is on :fire: with their content
The ultimate cut with tales of the black freighter? Yeah that's what I was referring to

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Finished the series again last night.

Genius.

To each their own, but IMO Lindelof lapped the movie a couple of times with this. The way shyt ended as a perfect loop, with Will sitting in the theatre a century after the Tulsa attack, with ice raining from the sky instead of fire, and the Cyclops cacs being vaporized was :ohlawd:. Even the bit with the son seeing the Sister Night costume, and being :ohhh:the same way that Will and Angela were as kids over depictions of cops/vigilantes in movies. Then to finish with Angela becoming the new Doctor Manhattan.

:wow:

Just :wow::wow::wow:

Yahya going on Twitter and posting this

after the Doc Manhattan reveal is up there with Aaron Paul tweeting 'I'm sorry, I didn't know:sadbron:' in real time after Walt admits to killing Jane in Breaking Bad as a fourth wall hop.

I'm curious as to whether they'll fold this story into any future Watchmen books. :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Why is the WB not merchandising this? Sister Night t-shirts and collectible stuff?

Last edited:
Daps
Finished the series again last night.

Genius.

To each their own, but IMO Lindelof lapped the movie a couple of times with this. The way shyt ended as a perfect loop, with Will sitting in the theatre a century after the Tulsa attack, with ice raining from the sky instead of fire, and the Cyclops cacs being vaporized was :ohlawd:. Even the bit with the son seeing the Sister Night costume, and being :ohhh:the same way that Will and Angela were as kids over depictions of cops/vigilantes in movies. Then to finish with Angela becoming the new Doctor Manhattan.

:wow:

Just :wow::wow::wow:

Yahya going on Twitter and posting this

after the Doc Manhattan reveal is up there with Aaron Paul tweeting 'I'm sorry, I didn't know:sadbron:' in real time after Walt admits to killing Jane in Breaking Bad as a fourth wall hop.

I'm curious as to whether they'll fold this story into any future Watchmen books. :jbhmm:

Why is breh laughing?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Why is breh laughing?

There was this sense of :lupe:as to where Dr. Manhattan was, then it turned into 'which one of the characters was him in disguise?', while the show was airing.

Just read what people had to say about Cal earlier in the thread, during the first couple of episodes. There were definitely more people who thought he was just a supporting character than thought he was Doc.

I think there might have been one glimpse of a blue hand in the trailers, but other than that, the show was very much centred around Angela. The reveal happened late into the series too, during the last three episodes - even though there were clues earlier. Overall it was just this bombshell moment that dropped right at the top of the third act that blew the whole show wide open. You went from somethig that was this amazingly crafted, gritty crime drama with touches of science to basically having God show up and turning it into full sci-fi, but didn't miss a beat while making the jump.

Basically I took it to mean - "Oh - you thought that shyt was wild up til now? I got you, fam...:mjlit:...." And he was right.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Just finished this. Outside of the :dame: part... pretty good mini series.

Why has the WB not merchandising this? Sister Night t-shirts and collectible stuff?

I'm surprised at that too... That Sister Night screams collectible stuff :skip:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
lmao at "pretty good"

This was the best shyt on TV since....well...the last Lindelof show ended
:myman:
:dead:

I was just thinking this the other day. Breh really put put out 3 of the best TV seasons ever in a few year span