Official Watchmen Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
aiyo:dead:

Dr. Manhattan is one of the greatest a$$holes in comic book history. :dead:

this was his way of getting back at Ozy for that fukkboi shyt trying to kill him. :laff:

sidenote: After this episode, we now see why CalDoc liked whenever they "went to the closet"

think I'm going to use that line goin forward on the ole lady. :youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:francis: calm down. lost and s and s3 of leftovers is basura. dude is doing a great job of executing.. alan moore gave that man the blueprint for this current piff.

I wouldn't say Alan Moore gave him the blueprint. This is an original story that has done an amazing job weaving the WATCHMEN IP into the story being told but is also way more complex than what Moore was doing..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Good episode, but Dr. Manhattan should have destroyed the cannon before it hit Him.

Now why you run up in here trying to make sense
tenor.gif

Just kidding, he had to get zapped. Remember he knows what's going to be done regardless and said there was nothing to do to avoid it. The tragedy had to occur.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also, if the Senator becomes a new Dr. Manhattan, wouldn't he soon stop caring about how "hard things are for the white man in America"?

I wonder if they're trying to steal Dr. Manhattan's powers from him, or re-create his powers from scratch? If they're recreating his powers from scratch maybe we'll see Black Dr. Manhattan vs White Dr. Manhattan in a "there can be only one" battle.

They really going to try to transfer his powers to that dirtbag :wow:

OK, new "theory".
Dr Manhattan isn't Jon, there is only one Dr Manhattan and Dr Manhattan is always Dr Manhattan, and "Cal" is his real personality. So, if the 7k kills Dr. Manhattan and the Senator steals his powers, that will just result in the Senator becoming a "host" for Dr. Manhattan, who will revert to Cal and kill all the 7k members.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Damon Lindelof > Alan Moore. Reddit cacs furious

I was thinking about this last night. I know Moore doesn't fukk with adaptations of his work, but there's no way he could see this and not be at the very least :ohhh:....:ehh:.

He'd have to be even more desperately miserable than he comes across in interviews to hate on it. :picard:

They honored his original work and explored the mythos he created in a respectful way, while making it more current than he could have been expected to - especially adding the twist of a Black heroine.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I usually hate the “explain everything to me like I’m a 5th grader” episode some shows do cause it’s usually cheap when you’re trying to be “complex” show but HOLY shyt did he pull this shyt off. I want HBO to throw him a BAG for a Game of Thrones spin-off.

I was coming in to say the same thing. True Detective used that method in their S3 finale and it didn't sit right with me and fumbled what was a good season a bit. Watchmen however used the Manhattan character perfectly to explain things.

s2 and s3 of leftovers is basura.
iR0W5HQ.gif