Official Watchmen Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I usually hate the “explain everything to me like I’m a 5th grader” episode some shows do cause it’s usually cheap when you’re trying to be “complex” show but HOLY shyt did he pull this shyt off. I want HBO to throw him a BAG for a Game of Thrones spin-off.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I usually hate the “explain everything to me like I’m a 5th grader” episode some shows do cause it’s usually cheap when you’re trying to be “complex” show but HOLY shyt did he pull this shyt off. I want HBO to throw him a BAG for a Game of Thrones spin-off.
I believe he could pull it off better than D&D did after they had no more book material

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The real issue should be where they got a tachyonic cannon from. The graphic novel already set the precedent that anything related to tachyons clouds DM's ability to see his future. It's a MacGuffin to somehow limit his godlike abilities. Nothing we've seen shows they should be able to involuntarily teleport him using the tech. Then there's the whole, how do you actually kill him thing. Intrinsic field generators wont work, so I see more tachyon fukkery unless they somehow get DM to destroy himself. Lady Trieu is the only one I could see, outside of Veidt, with the tech and resources to build anything harmful to DM.

I think you're agreeing with me, breh:dwillhuh:
They are going to have to reveal that Lady Trieu is working with the 7th Calvary because aside from the Sen. Keene misappropriating government funds for a team of scientists to build his tech there is no other explanation.

I'm also wondering if, instead of Sen. Keene successfully stealing Dr. Manhattan's power, that Manhattan makes the ultimate sacrifice of endowing a shytload of human beings with small portions of his power until he dies/ceases to exist.
So Manhattan would basically be the creator of actual super-powered super-heroes in this universe.
Because there is no way to write an omnipotent being on a weekly show and it would be a cop out to have Manhattan just decide to go back to exploring space again.