Official Watchmen Thread

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is hyped as shyt....but its Lindelof...I'm pretty sure I dislike 90% of his work. Might still need to get into this though

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
William Reeves will be the next Dr Manhattan. He will fight the KKK DM Joe Keene and Jon/Cal will go back to finally being an actual human being in the process.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
William Reeves will be the next Dr Manhattan. He will fight the KKK DM Joe Keene and Jon/Cal will go back to finally being an actual human being in the process.
Hopefully that non Harlem moment was a one of in this situation

But Doc ain't dead....

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gotta call bullshyt on DM dying. If the world’s smartest man couldn’t kill him I refuse to believe some racist hillbillies can :francis:
Its not that he cant. Jon has said on numerous occasions that life is pointless, as is death. Even his own. Because he at every moment experiences his entire lifetime, would see no purpose in "trying to stay alive". he is indifferent to life. As soon as Angela brought Jon back, he was confused about everything. Having difficulties recalling. That being said, we know he foresaw everything BEFORE he turned into Cal and made preparations. So before he got the device from Veidt, he knew the Kalvary was coming and would use the machine on him as soon as he returned to being Jon. Meeting Will is clearly not the only preparation he made before he turned into Cal. Things are playing out exactly as he saw them play out before forgetting. Its just like Dr Strange in Avengers. He HAD to give Thanos the stone in Infinity War in order to let those events play out so they can save everyone in Endgame. Regardless of how it looks like 7K may have won, its been foreseen by both Veidt and Jon.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Its not that he cant. Jon has said on numerous occasions that life is pointless, as is death. Even his own. Because he at every moment experiences his entire lifetime, would see no purpose in "trying to stay alive". he is indifferent to life. As soon as Angela brought Jon back, he was confused about everything. Having difficulties recalling. That being said, we know he foresaw everything BEFORE he turned into Cal and made preparations. So before he got the device from Veidt, he knew the Kalvary was coming and would use the machine on him as soon as he returned to being Jon. Meeting Will is clearly not the only preparation he made before he turned into Cal. Things are playing out exactly as he saw them play out before forgetting. Its just like Dr Strange in Avengers. He HAD to give Thanos the stone in Infinity War in order to let those events play out so they can save everyone in Endgame. Regardless of how it looks like 7K may have won, its been foreseen by both Veidt and Jon.
Nah, I'm not questioning the how of them killing him or paradoxes or any science stuff. I'm talking about purely from a writing standpoint, I'm not a fan of the idea of regular people being able to kill DM. Assuming they have, of course.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The way Rorschach hyped up Veidt as they came for him and then he swagged on Dan like that was just :wow: . It's when he became my favorite character.

I instantly stanned after reading the graphic novel as well. But then again I have lightweight sociopathic tendencies at times.

My girl was disgusted when I said I could see why Veidt did what he did. Although I wiil say, the show kinda makes Veidt harder to root for. They really dug into his scumbaggery and lack of care for life. But the movie/graphic novel version was :banderas: