Official Watchmen Thread

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
My nikka Cal never got to eat those waffles:mjcry:

To the people wondering why Dr. Manhattan "let" himself get zapped: he didn't. Dr. Manhattan isn't omniscient. If you've ever seen the movie Arrival, think of him like that. He experiences his past, present, and future simultaneously. It sounds like predicting the future, but it's not. Time isn't linear for him. Tachyons are hypothetical particles that can move faster than light and it's the only known weakness that Dr. Manhattan has.

Lastly, HBO can do no wrong:wow:

When the 7th Kkkalvary showed up and took Dr Manhattan , he couldn't stop it cause it already happened to him.
He experiences everything at once and cant alter outcomes of whats going to happen. :leostare:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I was waiting on these kinds of jokes. :laff:

Expect my nikka @Bryan Danielson to come thru with one

Man I’m still trynna process that ep before I can make jokes:russ:

That ep last night was astonishing. I kinda didn’t think they was gonna to the direction they did with Dr Manhattan. Not sure what exactly I was expecting .... but not that :mjlol:

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So Ozy more or less got what he really wanted, which was to be admired and to become a god. The idea of people worshipping him sounded like heaven to him. When he got tired of all the adoration, it became his hell. So he treated his creations like disposable toys. In turn, they turned against him and judged him and punished him.
Thats a tough ass arc right there.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
So Ozy more or less got what he really wanted, which was to be admired and to become a god. The idea of people worshipping him sounded like heaven to him. When he got tired of all the adoration, it became his hell. So he treated his creations like disposable toys. In turn, they turned against him and judged him and punished him.
Thats a tough ass arc right there.
I could be wrong but it wasnt earned. They were created to serve whereas ozy needed the challenge to conquer. If he gets back to earth he would pick up where he left off.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
This show has a lot of low key themes about deconstructing masculinity. Looking glass and hooded justice are both gay and the show likes to objectify men by showing mostly all male nudity.

I am tired of seeing penises on this show:dame:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Nah, I'm not questioning the how of them killing him or paradoxes or any science stuff. I'm talking about purely from a writing standpoint, I'm not a fan of the idea of regular people being able to kill DM. Assuming they have, of course.
The real issue should be where they got a tachyonic cannon from. The graphic novel already set the precedent that anything related to tachyons clouds DM's ability to see his future. It's a MacGuffin to somehow limit his godlike abilities. Nothing we've seen shows they should be able to involuntarily teleport him using the tech. Then there's the whole, how do you actually kill him thing. Intrinsic field generators wont work, so I see more tachyon fukkery unless they somehow get DM to destroy himself. Lady Trieu is the only one I could see, outside of Veidt, with the tech and resources to build anything harmful to DM.

When the 7th Kkkalvary showed up and took Dr Manhattan , he couldn't stop it cause it already happened to him.
He experiences everything at once and cant alter outcomes of whats going to happen. :leostare:
I think you're agreeing with me, breh:dwillhuh:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The real issue should be where they got a tachyonic cannon from. The graphic novel already set the precedent that anything related to tachyons clouds DM's ability to see his future. It's a MacGuffin to somehow limit his godlike abilities. Nothing we've seen shows they should be able to involuntarily teleport him using the tech. Then there's the whole, how do you actually kill him thing. Intrinsic field generators wont work, so I see more tachyon fukkery unless they somehow get DM to destroy himself. Lady Trieu is the only one I could see, outside of Veidt, with the tech and resources to build anything harmful to DM.
Exactly. If the Senator explains how they recovered it from Veidt's place in the arctic or something like that in the next episode, I can rock with that.