Official Watchmen Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this episode was damn near perfect.

The fact that they used one conversation to clearly explain how Manhattan experiences time was amazing.

I damn near lost it at Veidt saying "I did it 30 years ago". The callbacks the the original work have been amazing.

They really wrote a causal loop involving Angela's grandfather just so she could wonder if she could've stopped it. A literal grandfather paradox :wow:

I wonder who the elephant is that told Veidt that Manhattan wasn't on Mars? True?

Also, if his current presence on Mars is effectively a recording of other stuff he'd previously done on Mars, and Manhattan is presented as spending a significant portion of the then current day events of the comic on Mars, does this introduce the possibility that he could've been somewhere other than Mars then as well?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Manhattan: How long will you need to make such a device?

Veidt: Oh my dear, sweet Jon... I made it 30yrs ago.

tenor.gif

shyt gave me a chill. How can you not respect Adrian's drive :wow:
Of all the things Manhattan can do, he comes to Adrian for the things he can't. :wow:
I was waiting all season for Jon and Adrian reunion and it was even more intimate than I thought it would be. Jeremy Irons killed that scene. Veidt is the most difficult role to play in this show and he murdering it.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Manhattan: How long will you need to make such a device?

Veidt: Oh my dear, sweet Jon... I made it 30yrs ago.

tenor.gif

shyt gave me a chill. How can you not respect Adrian's drive :wow:
Of all the things Manhattan can do, he comes to Adrian for the things he can't. :wow:
That shyt took me out :salute:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That shyt took me out :salute:
The writing and directing this episode has been absolutely incredible. Especially the writing. Regina really put in work this episode too because I've felt she has benefited from the writing and not her own performance thus far but this episode really gave her a chance to show real acting and she did great. No stunts, no plot devices, just dialogue, emotion and her own acting. Irons has been the sole performance in the series to really get that from. The actor for Looking Glass did for one episode but I'm glad she got a chance to shine. As Regina, not Sister Night. But that scene with Jon right before he sends him to Europa and that end credit scene was :ohlawd: