Official Watchmen Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if posted but this clue from episode 1...

mh3cyuqbeq241.jpg

:banderas:

that’s a dope catch!

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Only thing gayer than fakkits is their talking points:francis:

As long as they're consistent with this ridiculous line of thinking.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why someone can find murderers or pedophiles abominable is because they secretly wish they were a murderer or a pedophile. :shaq2:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Story is more about Angela than him. Funny part is Wills non Harlem moment added absolutely nothing to the story imo. It wasn't even necessary.
I think its for 2 reasons.

1. Based on how the wife first peeped what was going on..
It was part of the driving force that got her wanting to leave him. She probably knew what was up, but once he get into with his son she was truly fed up and ready to leave. Had to explain how her grandmother/dad ended up back in Tulsa.

2. As I've said before, the James Baldwin (Langston Hughes as well?) of gay/bi black in Harlem who were betrayed by whites they put their faith in, but still had great accomplishments.

Like I said before...

it was a different Harlem
ZE8rtlw.png

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think its for 2 reasons.

1. Based on how the wife first peeped what was going on..
It was part of the driving force that got her wanting to leave him. She probably knew what was up, but once he get into with his son she was truly fed up and ready to leave. Had to explain how her grandmother/dad ended up back in Tulsa.

2. As I've said before, the James Baldwin (Langston Hughes as well?) of gay/bi black in Harlem who were betrayed by whites they put their faith in, but still had great accomplishments.

Like I said before...

it was a different Harlem
ZE8rtlw.png
holdup.....Langston was anti-Harlem too? :dahell:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Highly recommend checking out the HBO watchmen podcast. It's hosted by Craig Mazin who did Chernobyl and he has Damon Lindelof on. Goes into detail about his inspiration for the Watchmen, Charlottesville, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates, then reading about Tulsa 21. He said he remembered one of his friends saying "They're (racists) not even wearing masks anymore" after Charlottesville. And HBO had already asked him to do the Watchmen 2 or 3 times before 2017 but the masks thing coupled with stuff he was reading about propelled him into agreeing to do it. He said they had asked him to do it first shortly after Snyder's Watchmen film came out. Pretty fukking interesting.