Official VENOM Movie Thread

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
So I just saw it. It wasn’t bad, but it also wasn’t good. Like Grace Randolph said, it has a 90’s Darkman vibe. And like Harloff said on Collider, it feels like a movie from the 90’s when comic book movies weren’t taken seriously. I feel that it definitely should have been rated R. It’s definitely missing the whole motivation to be Venom without that shared hatred of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. It’s a big budget B movie. It’s bad pizza. Not good but still edible. It’s bad sex with some random chick, but at least you busted a nut and felt some boobs? Will you be entertained? Yes. But with Avi Arad, and Amy Pascal, you’re going to get some basic shyt. They’re only going to put enough in it to make that simple ass dude at the ticket counter go, “Yo! That Venom was dope yo! We are Venom!”
:russ:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Venom looks like one of them bootleg flicks they used go slip in between the real titles you'd almost wind up copping at Blockbuster as a kid

51h2TSJpEJL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Gonna be like that one Amanda Show skit.

"This is not the movie I asked for" :wtf::camby:

"No no no, you didn't ask for Iron Man.....you asked for Iron Hero. This is better......MUCHHHH BETTERR" :ahh:
Looks like Venom gonna be an instant rental cop at Blockblister :wow:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You do realize that reviewers on RT are overwhelmingly white males something like 90%, I don't read reviews.

We saw Venom tonight. Was it great? No. What it is, however, is a fairly entertaining origin flick featuring Tom Hardy as the lead and he went all in with the fukkery..

The action scenes were okay at best but I enjoyed the no fukks that were given and the dark humor. That's definitely Venom to me.

It's no better or worse than your average Marvel Studios origin movie.. so with that I'd say the reviewers got it wrong. I saw what the number was. It deserves a better score than that. :manny:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I saw this tonight. As an amazon member I got $5 off my ticket, and AMC gave free comics out if you bought tickets for opening weekend. They also fukked up on my online order and gave me large sizes on my popcorn & drink, so I had a good mood going into this and caked with some freebies & shyt :ehh:

In terms of the movie itself, I had fun :manny: I’ll agree with the consensus that it feels like an early 00’s superhero film before the MCU/Dark Knight Trilogy changed the game for good. But I didn’t think it was a bad movie, for sure it had issues but I had fun. It’s like going to the arcade in this day and age. Are you getting an experience on the level of something like say, God of War? No, you’re just going in to have some mindless fun without really thinking about it too much. It’s a popcorn flick, and I think there’s still a lane for that.

The biggest problem with the movie is that I think Hardy is actually too good for this, as I think if you tonally flipped this movie his performance would be that much better. He leaned into the comedy but he really shined with struggling to cope with having the symbiote taking over and using him. With his strung out, grungy look I imagined a darker film where Venom became an allegory for drug abuse, kinda like the Evil Dead reimagining from a few years ago. And again, while that might’ve been a much better film if it was made, I don’t think what we got was as bad as these reviews might present it to be.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
5/10 I wasn't really feeling the first 1/3 of the movie.

Didn't like how you don't actually see Venom until the last 1/3 of the movie either. Rest of the movie was just voices in Hardy's head. Also, was Riot in Spinderman TAS? That's all I know Venom/Carnage from and I had no idea who he was. Movie would have been better off rated R where Venom could actually bite people's head's off and impale/decapitate people. Was fire a weakness in the cartoon as well?

Favorite part was when Venom told him to jumo out the window and the next scene is him standing there waiting for the elevator and Venom calling him a p*ssy :dead:

Still can't believe they made a Venom movie without Spiderman.

The second end credits is :trash: and doesn't tie into any of the other MCU movies that have come out already