Official VENOM Movie Thread

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
So I'm confused.... :mindblown:

Is this going to be a part of the MCU? Cause the only origin I know of Venom is through Eddie Brock and Peter Parker at the Bugle

But this story seems like it would be better if it was used for Andy Garfield Spiderman than for this new kid

Starting to feel again that Marvel is gonna take an L in the long run when it comes to this Spidey reboot :aicmon:

They should have kept Andy in place and called it a day. He's still the best spiderman in my opinion
sony is maiking this and isnt part of the mcu

Daps
They would have to separate each spider man film by at least 2-4 years if they don't want to dry up the audience well.
And if that's the case why bother having spidermen (especially if it confuses the general movie going audience) when you can have one?

Then this venom film is r-rated so likely Spiderman has to be r-rated to share a similar tone. But Sony is in financial trouble and wouldn't want to move away from pg-13. I just don't think it would work out.

Exactly why I said they didn't think this through

I'm a huge fan of Hardy (I want him to be the next Wolverine) but even the trailer was trash.

I just don't see how they can make this work without screwing up continuity like X-Men

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This film not being welcome into the MCU probably means 2 things...

1. It being Rated R is a deal breaker?
2. It probably sucked and Feige was like... even getting Tom Hardy Venom wasn't good enough to endure such a bad movie?

Sony claims in its in the world of Spider-Man Homecoming... Adjunct to MCU. Kevin then announced that it wouldn't include it in the MCU. They really trying to get that MCU following. This whole 11 year project has been so weird.

Just so much shade over this project. I honestly don't trust it. I trust Hardy's judgement when selecting great films, but I think his run of amazing films probably end here and he just took the paycheck.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russ: I’m saying man. It’s crazy how cartoons are canon around here. That’s like saying joker killed Bruce Wayne’s parents is canon because you saw it in a movie. These shyts are adaptations. They change things they switch things all in the name of the story they’re trying to tell. Some of it works (winter soldier, civil war) some of it doesn’t(joker killing the Waynes, Tony suddenly having daddy issues)

But don’t come at me about your comic book knowledge when it’s built on something that’s not an actual comic book. In some thread around here, someone actually had an issue with all of the Peter Parker’s because they don’t look like the “comics” peter Parker. Of course he was referencing the 94 cartoon, which itself was modeled after the guy who played peter in the live action show and not on a comic book illustration :russ:

Like wedge said in class act, reading is fundamental

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that's my point. Venom doesn't have Web if the symbiote never attaches to Parker

Correct me if I'm wrong but Carnage doesn't have Web

But you can't omit Web from Eddie Brock venom. I just can't see that

And also, Venom doesn't have any of Spideys powers without attaching to Spidey first. The agility, the crawling walls all of it
Yeah he copies spider man but you can easily explain his strength and attaching to walls as just something symbiote can do. The web shooting is the only hard part and you venom does not need it. And yeah carnage does not use web shooters he uses the the symbiote in the same way as the web shooters and just extends it between buildings. Also the spider symbol will be hard to explain.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
But that's my point. Venom doesn't have Web if the symbiote never attaches to Parker

Correct me if I'm wrong but Carnage doesn't have Web

But you can't omit Web from Eddie Brock venom. I just can't see that

And also, Venom doesn't have any of Spideys powers without attaching to Spidey first. The agility, the crawling walls all of it
Suspension of disbelief breh, considering we all think this is going to be garbage I can let go of something like this if the film is good. Remember, this is an adaptation and they can take liberties. Maybe the opening shot is a symbiote asteroid invading a spider planet thousands of years ago. Maybe Eddie brock has arachnophobia and basically becomes the sinister spider man when he gets the suit to become his fear.

But you're right ultimately they can't find a satisfying answer without everyone taking themselves out of the movie and thinking of spiderman.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I mean don't Sony got the rights to other spidermen? Why not use Scarlett spider for this venom film? Or miles morales?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Exactly why I said they didn't think this through

I'm a huge fan of Hardy (I want him to be the next Wolverine) but even the trailer was trash.

I just don't see how they can make this work without screwing up continuity like X-Men
You say that but even I'll admit the merits weren't that bad. We get a second shot at dark phoenix saga, we had the chance for a good emma frost but she was squandered, we got Days of Future Past and Logan. None of which would happen in a linear timeline. If only we got the real age of apocalypse or X-man :wow:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Scarlet spider is even more complicated then venom.
Miles is too black.

Ben Reilly or Kaine?

Miles is the spiderman in the upcoming animated film.

I wonder how they would approach a Spidermen film.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Better be

But i dont know.. I'm guessing this is supposed to be scarier and not sure if theyll throw Carnage in it. I think the Symbiote might actually be the villain this time.
Hope so, then have Mr Negative in the second film when he's recovering.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I mean don't Sony got the rights to other spidermen? Why not use Scarlett spider for this venom film? Or miles morales?
I believe the Enter The Spider-Verse animated film is opening the door to that. WHICH IS A fukkING WEIRD WAY TO DO IT. Should of been an live action adaptation.