Official VENOM Movie Thread

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
So I'm confused.... :mindblown:

Is this going to be a part of the MCU? Cause the only origin I know of Venom is through Eddie Brock and Peter Parker at the Bugle

But this story seems like it would be better if it was used for Andy Garfield Spiderman than for this new kid

Starting to feel again that Marvel is gonna take an L in the long run when it comes to this Spidey reboot :aicmon:

They should have kept Andy in place and called it a day. He's still the best spiderman in my opinion
This isn't part of the mcu. This is Sony's universe.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Is this going to be a part of the MCU? Cause the only origin I know of Venom is through Eddie Brock and Peter Parker at the Bugle

But this story seems like it would be better if it was used for Andy Garfield Spiderman than for this new kid

Starting to feel again that Marvel is gonna take an L in the long run when it comes to this Spidey reboot :aicmon:

They should have kept Andy in place and called it a day. He's still the best spiderman in my opinion

Not a part of the marvel movies. At least from what we know. There could always be some surprise shyt. But it looks like they’re going a different route with the venom origin story. Rather than using peter/spidey as the catalyst for their bond, they’re going off of the idea that Brock is a troubled cat and has his own demons to deal with. And since the symbiote feeds off that shyt, it will attach itself to him.

Just think of it as a one shot or a separate thing.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You could do a venom origin movie without spider man. If you had flash Thompson it would be easy to explain the spider powers because he is a fan of Spider-Man. If you are using Eddie just don't have him use webs.

Daps
You could do a venom origin movie without spider man. If you had flash Thompson it would be easy to explain the spider powers because he is a fan of Spider-Man. If you are using Eddie just don't have him use webs.

:beli: so he's not going to have Web shooters?

How's he going to get around in NY?

Riding the bus?

:beli: I swear Marcel and Sony didn't think this through

You can't have Venom with no Spiderman in place

The symbiote attaches to Spidey first and gets his powers.

Obviously Holland ain't at the point where he can be running into Venom yet.

And if Sony has its own separate universe then I say being back Andy.

Have 2 separate Spiderman in 2 separate universes like they did Quicksilver

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Riding the bus?

When spider man had the symbiote he never had web shooters the suit made its own. But you can have him jump around or have venom get around the same way carnage does.

But lol at venom riding the bus.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Contrary to popular belief, I always thought topher grace was a good Eddie Brock and decent venom:manny:he had the look down, just wasn't big enough. And you actually bought in his hate for peter

darryl

Superstar
Daps
When spider man had the symbiote he never had web shooters the suit made its own. But you can have him jump around or have venom get around the same way carnage does.

I mean duh lol. I thought everyone knew venom didn't need web shooters

Daps

But that's my point. Venom doesn't have Web if the symbiote never attaches to Parker

Correct me if I'm wrong but Carnage doesn't have Web

But you can't omit Web from Eddie Brock venom. I just can't see that

And also, Venom doesn't have any of Spideys powers without attaching to Spidey first. The agility, the crawling walls all of it

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

Riding the bus?

They would have to separate each spider man film by at least 2-4 years if they don't want to dry up the audience well.
And if that's the case why bother having spidermen (especially if it confuses the general movie going audience) when you can have one?

Then this venom film is r-rated so likely Spiderman has to be r-rated to share a similar tone. But Sony is in financial trouble and wouldn't want to move away from pg-13. I just don't think it would work out.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And it's REALLY hard to fukk up Venom.

Sony managed to do that already in the other one. From the looks of this one, they got the look of venom down. No one would be disappointed with seeing the look