Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
X0rlx_s-200x150.gif

Benny Boom....Barry Bloom......don't matter.

This shyt had a low budget/generic/illegitimate vibe from the start

I'm still not buying that 40 mill budget....hell fukking naw.

Somebody pocketed at least 50% of that shyt

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Movie was horrible. The scene at the end where 2Pac is on one side of the door starring longingly and kidada was on the other was the most corny and sappy shyt I've ever seen .."you coming or not Pac" ack.big Frank had the worst wig too wtf.., scene felt like it went on forever. I wouldnt let beeny boom and hutton a high school play.
I almost threw my phone out the window. That scene was fukkin awful.

Would be a nice im in, but fukk it I'm out gif tho:pachaha:

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every trailer looked cringe. Should never have been green lit, this needed someone with credibility behind the project.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came across this we got more Tupac projects on the way and how is Benny Boom still getting work? :gucci:

Despite the pans (and a thumbs down from Jada Pinkett Smith, who is portrayed in the film), director Benny Boom (ICM, Principato Young, Del Shaw) has quickly parlayed the film's opening into a deal to helm indie LAPD thriller The Shave, based on a 2015 Black List script. Boom thinks that there's plenty left in Shakur's story to be explored onscreen.

There could be an entire movie just on Tupac as a child, him and his mother, or just a movie about Tupac and Jada, period,” he says.

All Eyez’s opening bodes well for the projects on deck about the late rapper and his rival Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace. In LAbyrinth, Johnny Depp stars as an LAPD detective investigating a possible connection in Shakur and Wallace's still-unsolved murders in the late 1990s. Open Road has not yet dated that film, which wrapped in February. And Steve McQueen is directing a documentary that, unlike All Eyez, has the blessing of Shakur's estate.

On TV, USA is shooting the drama Unsolved, and A&E will air the doc Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G., the first project in its relaunched Biography franchise, and the undated six-part nonfiction series Who Killed Tupac? Says A&E programming head Elaine Frontain Bryant, "Both artists were gone too soon and are still resonating with a [new] generation. This is the first time someone has really dissected the conspiracy theories surrounding Tupac’s death."

'All Eyez on Me's' Success Bodes Well for Other Tupac Projects

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Movie felt like someone kept sitting on the fast forward button.
I felt like the movie could have been longer.
The suge scenes:mjlol:

Kat Graham :ehh:was alright.
I was kinda:mjgrin: at the inaccuracies jada pointed out like Pac reading the poem to jada and her showing up to one of his concerts backstage. :skip:
Danai Gurira was good. I liked her performance:pachaha:
But
And the death scene was terrible. That music shouldn't have been there. Should have been quiet. Should have felt every moment of the scene. Maybe end with his mother doing an interview about him or something after the shooting.

I think the death scene ruined the whole film. They should have just got the soc suge lol he seemed more believable. It's sad because I've been waiting on the pac film for the longest and was hoping that one day we would get an amazing film :francis:

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the death scene ruined the whole film. They should have just got the soc suge lol he seemed more believable. It's sad because I've been waiting on the pac film for the longest and was hoping that one day we would get an amazing film :francis:
that death scene looked like an unreleased key and peele skit with that over the top music. I was waiting for 25 doves to fly in the air out of nowhere:mjlol:

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
As a huge Pac fan it's best if this just faded away and no one remembers it. :snoop: If John Singleton is gonna do anything it should be a mini series but he's gotta let it breathe for a couple of years cause of the stench that this shyt left over :scusthov:

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Absolutely. I've thought about seeing the movie for a second time but that death scene is stopping me.

I can't sit through that shyt again :scust:

I was expecting to at least shed a tear :thumbsdown: The whole thing looked like a parody.

Am I the only one who found it weird that Edi was there at the death scene recreating the actual death scene :gucci: I mean why would you want to relive that? People will do anything for some camera time.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Yes these people are more talented but weren't at all convincing imo. I don't hate biggie him and pac probably my two favorites I just thought all eyes on me at least got some things right even pacs clothing and vehicles biggie looked like he was in 2009 or whatever year Notorious was released.

Man if you dont stop lol that movie was horrible too but at least gravy seemed to be awake in it and it actually felt like a movie. These stories should be told with depth and conviction that should define my generation of 90s hip hop. These are cash grabs with zero integrity.

Notorious is disappointing
AEOM was horrible

these 2 pics tell da whole fukking story
both nikkaz were surrounded by their crew jr mafia / outlawz which members averaged 5 years younger then biggie / pac

Notorious- all biggie lil youngins looked aged appropriate in da film

jamal_19.jpg

while AEOM - had all pac youngins in their early 40's (like me) :snoop:

all-eyez-on-me

nikkaz need to STOP IT - AEOM was a fukking train wreck

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AEOM was horrible

both nikkaz were surrounded by their crew jr mafia / outlawz which members averaged 5 years younger then biggie / pac

jamal_19.jpg

all-eyez-on-me

Lol the outlaws were background characters and barley said a word not to mention two of them played themselves. They weren't large parts of the film imo but its really not a big deal to me either way. I just know the only character that reminded me of the actual person in Notorious was Kim. With AEOM i thought they Pac, Afeni,Shock, Suge etc felt real atleast but thats just me.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AEOM was horrible

jamal_19.jpg

all-eyez-on-me

Both movies were trainwrecks. I will say as far as the actors playing the title roles..D. Ship was 1000x the better actor than anyone in either movie. You can see his potential is definitely there. With a more polished script and better direction to give his performance the depth and nuance it needed, you'd be looking at a award winner. He has "it". Sucks his performance was wasted by such goofy execution.