Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Tbf. It is impossible do a Pac movie the right way. Ive been saying there shouldve been a HBO series on Pacs life..

Pacing was the biggest problem. Also. I understand you cant fit everything in a 2+ hour movie, but they chose to focus on certain small details too much.

Bad execution, but better than I expected. They didnt try to change Pac to something else like on Notorious every character seemed off. The story & acting > The overall movie

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear yall on where you coming from with the mini series thing, but the thing is those things dont have the shelf life of a properly executed film. 10 15 yrs from now im not likely to sit down and watch a 10 episode mini series i enjoyed. That's just too much. Thats a one and done watch situation in all cases for me. Ill watch Malcolm X 10 years from now though all way through though

Its a difficult art to fit such a dynamic individual and time period into 2/3 hours but it can and has been done plenty of times. But the key word in this equation iS "ART". and from what we just seen at least, lt hutton and benny boom aint artists....at least in this capacity

I wouldn't even be suprised if lt and benny boom was thrown in front of a pretty much finished product just to be black patsy representatives. Cause this couldnt have been sold without black people in the front But they gotta live with that

And this movie didnt seem to be done from a capacity of compassion and reverence...it just came off cheap and disjointed...48 million is a nice number, but not only does it seem like all of that wasnt invested, it seems like nothing else was invested. You can tell when people pour themselves into certain bodies of work, that was obviously not the case here

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute::salute::salute:

respect breh
i remember preme saying when pac went to the hospital they called Afeni who was in Atlanta
-musta been talking bout Vegas

anyways came across some dope pics from that night/morning

mother-alfeni-of-tupac-shakur-at-bellevue-hospital-november-30-1994-picture-id534370058

tupac-shakur-at-bellevue-father-bill-granger-has-a-smoke-outside-30-picture-id534370146

moms & pops in front of bellevue

That nicca looked just like his pops

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Went and saw this shyt last night with no expectations and walked away unimpressed.

Shipp did a good ass job playing Pac I thought, but the rest of the acting was trash. Afeni especially was just way too over the top, shyt was cringeworthy for me sitting there watching it. Pacing was all off as others have said, like one second Afeni is strong and militant as fukk, next scene she's in there smoking crack, with really no explanation as to why.

I think if you walked into this movie not knowing much about Pac, you would walk out of it with a little more knowledge, but it doesn't at all tell you the full story about him or what made him tick. It just kind of quickly went from one big moment in his life to the other.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Shipp did a good ass job playing Pac I thought, but the rest of the acting was trash. Afeni especially was just way too over the top, shyt was cringeworthy for me sitting there watching it. Pacing was all off as others have said, like one second Afeni is strong and militant as fukk, next scene she's in there smoking crack, with really no explanation as to why.

I think if you walked into this movie not knowing much about Pac, you would walk out of it with a little more knowledge, but it doesn't at all tell you the full story about him or what made him tick. It just kind of quickly went from one big moment in his life to the other.

Yeah I don't see why they show Leggs but don't show that he introduced her to crack and died from a crack-induced heart attack.

They also didn't accurately show the time Pac got beat up by the police (they kept asking him his real name and after repeatedly telling them "Tupac Shakur" he said "fukk the police give me my ticket"). The ATL shooting they didn't explain good that he beat that charge and why.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That nicca looked just like his pops

“I thought my father was dead all my life. After I got shot, I looked up there was this nikka that looked just like me. And he was my father; that’s when I found out. We still didn’t take no blood test but the nikka looked just like me"

tupac-shakur-at-bellevue-father-bill-granger-has-a-smote-outside-30-picture-id534370136

That shyt cray