Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
What's the one thing they missed??
I think it's more than one. It was very on the surface to me, and lacked the nuances that make a movie great. People can argue all day about what made PAC great but the one thing you can't take from him is he made you FEEL him. The irony is I didn't FEEL the movie. It's not so much the actor that played him either. He was decent. The pace and editing was off to me. Not lingering on certain beats, hanging around too long on others. Just felt heavy handed and lacked a certain finesse. That's direction too though. Thought the score oozed cheese too (final scene wtf).

I knew it wasn't gonna be what it was supposed to be from the first time you saw Afeni. I don't give a fukk... how you not going to show her IN PRISON with the conception that was Tupac Amaru Shakur? That's deep... how many of y'all was in your mamas belly while she locked up, only to become one of the modern era's most world renown figures...? And you don't show that..? FOH

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
The reviews I seen shytting on this are saying that it's very cliche, don't delve into the complexities of Pac and his importance to the community and also that it looks like it was made for TV.

This should have been made by a real director :francis:
Sounds about right. Felt like I was watching a money grab.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I think it's more than one. It was very on the surface to me, and lacked the nuances that make a movie great. People can argue all day about what made PAC great but the one thing you can't take from him is he made you FEEL him. The irony is I didn't FEEL the movie. It's not so much the actor that played him either. He was decent. The pace and editing was off to me. Not lingering on certain beats, hanging around too long on others. Just felt heavy handed and lacked a certain finesse. That's direction too though. Thought the score oozed cheese too (final scene wtf).

I knew it wasn't gonna be what it was supposed to be from the first time you saw Afeni. I don't give a fukk... how you not going to show her IN PRISON with the conception that was Tupac Amaru Shakur? That's deep... how many of y'all was in your mamas belly while she locked up, only to become one of the modern era's most world renown figures...? And you don't show that..? FOH

So that's why even the 1st trailer shot feels like a damn money grab smh

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Now had they gone with this bro right here and listened to Afeni while she was still here with us I'd be down...