Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
57 Senators voted guilty versus 51 the first time, that's a huge improvement. It's all on tape and in the record books. Go find something else to be scary about now.
It wasn't 51 the first time. It was 47-48.

48 guilty votes on Article I (abuse of power) and 47 guilty votes on Article II (obstruction of Congress). Romney voted guilty on Article I but NOT Article II.

So, a 9-10 increase in guilty votes from Trump's first to second impeachment - including 6 more Republican guilty votes.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The republican party y’all.
In a sense, he's right. Elected officials aren't there to do the right thing, vote their conscience, etc. They're there to represent the interests of their constituents. The problem is, sometimes as an elected official you need to look at the big picture and go against what your constituents want. Republicans had the rare chance pull back and be on the right side of history, but they were so scared of domestic terrorist retribution that they said fukk what's right and gave Trumpism carte blanche to continue fukking up the country.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Let me say it was a honor to watch and follow this. Trump will be back for sure but we need to be aware of the danger he presents. If he gets any post back she will go scorched earth.

They better block him from running again.

This was a historic run and proud to say I was here and all the things I learned from y’all.

:salute:

Daps
In a sense, he's right. Elected officials aren't there to do the right thing, vote their conscience, etc. They're there to represent the interests of their constituents. The problem is, sometimes as an elected official you need to look at the big picture and go against what your constituents want. Republicans had the rare chance pull back and be on the right side of history, but they were so scared of domestic terrorist retribution that they said fukk what's right and gave Trumpism carte blanche to continue fukking up the country.

That's one way of looking at it. But that somwhat absolves voters from the responsibility of their voting actions. Are elected officials only mouthpieces for their constituents or is it more that the constituents amplify the platform of those they elect with the power they grant them as representatives?

Don't like how your rep votes? Then make more informed choices at the voting booth.

:yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
That's one way of looking at it. But that somwhat absolves voters from the responsibility of their voting actions. Are elected officials only mouthpieces for their constituents or is it more that the constituents amplify the platform of those they elect with the power they grant them as representatives?

Don't like how your rep votes? Then make more informed choices at the voting booth.

:yeshrug:
I think the points go together. People elect officials with views as closely aligned to their own as possible. That's how you get the Marjorie Taylor-Greens (or whatever her name is) elected into office. So, that we have nutjobs in office is squarely on the shoulders of the voters. Once they're in office though, they can technically do what they want if they aren't concerned about reelection. If they are, then they'll most likely bend to the will of the voters, regardless of if it's the correct decision or not.