Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Pretty rough episode for everyone involved.

Danvers got her step-kid acting up, getting drunk and overworking on Christmas Eve, told off by Dr. Who :skip:

Navarro lost her sister :mjcry:, picking fights and getting beat up, and now may be in the Night Country :lupe:

Rookie forced to overwork again by Danvers, can't spend Christmas Eve with his kid and rolling into another sad bed with an angry wife :francis:

His pops realized he got played, when the flight attendant closed the plane door and his face went from :gladbron:to :sadcam:. It's a cold world and not just talking about those Ennis temperatures.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
We're in the Night Country now
full

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Ole gurl in the span of one evening....

Had her sister admitted

Don't get me started on allowing patients to leave in death cold weather at dark. Complete negligence.

Stay in the parking lot for hours.

Her sister died

She gets her ass beat

Gets cleaned up by Navarro

Dealing narravo drunk ass

Goes on a Scooby Doo adventure with ole boy that's about to quit his job over Navarro bs

Then, they go to some abandoned ass warehouse.

shyt is wack.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ole gurl in the span of one evening....

Had her sister admitted

Don't get me started on allowing patients to leave in death cold weather at dark. Complete negligence.

Stay in the parking lot for hours.

Her sister died

She gets her ass beat

Gets cleaned up by Navarro

Dealing narravo drunk ass

Goes on a Scooby Doo adventure with ole boy that's about to quit his job over Navarro bs

Then, they go to some abandoned ass warehouse.

shyt is wack.

Cant tell if you call everybody Navarro on purpose, just like saying Navarro or just have no idea which one Navarro is...

Either way hope you've had as much to drink as "Navarro", broski

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
At this point since it’s cemented its status as mid country, at this point we just debating is it season 2 status

Idk. I recently watched Season 2 to prepare for this season and there was something there within all of that convoluted mess that was going on, lol. There was still some sort of charm to it oddly enough. I'm not sure if that's gonna be there (for me at least) with this season. Might just be apathy depending on how the next 2 episodes go.

What we really need to be debating or talking about is how much of hack Nic Pizzalatte is & him catching lightning in a bottle with casting McConaughey & Woody & probably stealing most of S1's script from a variety of literary/media works never able to create anything in such regard again & now has to sit back and watch his shyt get b*stardized
full

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Idk. I recently watched Season 2 to prepare for this season and there was something there within all of that convoluted mess that was going on, lol. There was still some sort of charm to it oddly enough. I'm not sure if that's gonna be there (for me at least) with this season. Might just be apathy depending on how the next 2 episodes go.

What we really need to be debating or talking about is how much of hack Nic Pizzalatte is & him catching lightning in a bottle with casting McConaughey & Woody & probably stealing most of S1's script from a variety of literary/media works never able to create anything in such regard again & now has to sit back and watch his shyt get b*stardized
full
Vinci was a vibe, even with the story not being all there.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

full
I need Nic to sit back and STFU, because if he wasn't a hack. They wouldn't take his show away from him in the 1st place.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man... I really did try to give this season a chance and let be it's own thing, but after that bullshyt ass Andy Reid time management episode. I'm on the hate train.

How the fukk you gonna let a patient leave in the dead of night. She gets butt naked and goes into the ocean. Somehow found her and identity her body in a matter of like an hour.

She at minimum should be missing. Which is so much better plot element than what we just saw. The hopelessness, and confusion as to not knowing what happened to your sister is just way more devastating and suffocating emotionally.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
I need Nic to sit back and STFU, because if he wasn't a hack. They wouldn't take his show away from him in the 1st place.
Man’s got to work with Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams, Mahershala Ali, and produced 2 forgettable seasons of television with it.

Cary Fukunagas direction is what made s1 what it was. Been downhill since his departure.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Nic shade is absolutely wild. At least we got a phenomenal season of television off of that stolen material. The character development was just as crucial as Fukunaga’s direction. If anything, Issa López should be thanking Pizzo because without him and his ghostwriter, her piss-poor script wouldn’t see the light of day.

And I’m not even all that heated at her than I am with HBO. They’re the ones who looked at the screenplay and thought what they read was worth a tack-on for an IP that’s been in limbo since 2019. They…actually considered bringing Sam Levinson in to helm this at one point. This shyt was dead from the get-go and I got baited like a fool.