Official trailer for Netflix Death Note

92Inc

Fear me
Daps
Reppin
oklahoma city
Just finished it. Much better than I was expecting:ehh:It would have benefited from being a series. Two 10 episode seasons would have been perfect. But judging it purely as an adaptation it was good. I'm fully expecting internet nikkas to hate on this based on the liberties they took with the source material doe:manny:With that said, I'm not taking any of that seriously when the creators of the source material praised this adaptation. If I want to see the manga adapted perfectly I have the anime for that. They took the overall idea of Death Note, the major characters and did their own thing. Stanfield's take on L was...interesting. They could have done a much better job displaying his connection to Watari if they were going to go in the direction they went. I found the dude who played Light boring as hell. Dafoe was dope as Ryuk. Mia, this version's Misa(and also serving as the ruthless side of Light in the anime), did a good job as well. The ending will be pretty divisive but it works imo.
Yeah Nat wolf who plays light is trash:snoop: But i enjoyed the movie :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This felt really rushed. Like, it feels like it goes from , I found a notebook to Im a god in a matter of days. And at no point in this movie was I convinced Light was even remotely intelligent:dead:
Light's my biggest issue with the movie. The cat and mouse game between him and L is really what made the anime so great. They try to convey that he's intelligent with him doing homework for other students and L himself saying Light is bright, but Light just looks way too in over his head throughout the movie.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This felt really rushed. Like, it feels like it goes from , I found a notebook to Im a god in a matter of days. And at no point in this movie was I convinced Light was even remotely intelligent:dead:

They literally took the most important element of Death Note away. Ryuk isn't evil Light is. After a short time in the manga you have no fear of Ryuk. Light was supposed to use the note and then meet Ryuk. They had Ryuk make him use it out of fear which destroys their relationship. This movie tried to make Light a sympathetic figure :snoop:

Why would Ryuk trash the classroom?:what:

How did Ryuk say that no one who's tried to write his name made it past 2 letters but "Don't trust Ryuk" was written in the Note?:mindblown:

He didn't write Watari's full name.

The ending :dahell:. They literally said, "we might get a sequel, might not but hold this cliffhanger":manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
shyt was low key wack.

Ryuk and L were done well,everything else was a mess.

It was just far too rushed. This needed to be a series not a film.

Light was an annoying bytch and a terrible actor.

Dafoe is wasted on this.

That ending music choice was just bizarre.

5/10

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
This shyt is trash. This dude was reading the Death Note...in the gym...at school.:mindblown:

Told a random chick that he's only spoken to once before that he's a murderer and has a supernatural book that kills people.:mindblown:

Controlled and killed Watari without knowing his full name.:mindblown:

Watari isn't even his real name.:mindblown:

They took one of my favorite manga/anime and shyt on it.

Daps
It's decent. Anime was way better

I can't lie tho the girl who played Misa is bad af :wow: