Official trailer for Netflix Death Note

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just seen this, glad I never watched the anime or read the manga, so went in with no expectations. Thoroughly enjoyed it, great cast and the use of music was very effective. Did well to wash the stink of last weeks release..

Not that I am complaining but is every Netflix show going to use 80s music now

Ps only gripe I had was
andie mcdowell's daughters heel turn, it was really sudden with no reasoning. They could have shoehorned maybe something about her being a victim of abuse or something.

And if L was suppose to be the super sleuth how could he be so dumb as to tell a random guy he's in the process of arresting kira (who he knew had a universal following)..

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolute :trash:

They completely ruined Ryuk. He's not supposed to be evil or influence Light's decisions. He was just an observer and chose Light because he knew he had the intelligence to handle things on his own.

They sped through things and he was Kira with the international cult following in the first 30 minutes.

I can't say one positive thing about this.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Review from a reddit poster

As a big fan of the manga and anime, I must say that it's hard for me to review a piece like this. The team that helm the movie doesn't seen to have any will to please the fans, but to make Death Note susceptible to all the public. The basic plot and the name of characters are there, but that is it.
Is it bad? Well, not really. You won't be disappointed as in The Last Airbender because they are different takes on the story. It's like comparing How To Train Your Dragon book and movie.
Both actors are just... Meh. They look much older than the characters who they're playing and the acting is VERY forced sometimes. If you are a fan of L and his eccentricity, you'll be disappointed. L is sensitive and cool, while Light isn't the super genius guy who we are used to. Beyond that, the movie takes itself too seriously most of the times, which is distracting.
Ryuk is pretty much the perfect take of the character. He's scary, super realistic and Dafoe does an amazing job. Loved Mia and I would prefer her to be the main character and Kyra, since she's a much more interesting character than Light (now that would be different).
It could be so much more, but because the movie is around the two main bland characters, the experience comes a little empty. The experience would be probably better if you don't have any contact to the source material.
It's a 6/10 for me.
pretty much agree with this review more bland than bad

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This shyt managed to be more buns than the first live action Death Note
:beli:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Absolute :trash:

They completely ruined Ryuk. He's not supposed to be evil or influence Light's decisions. He was just an observer and chose Light because he knew he had the intelligence to handle things on his own.

They sped through things and he was Kira with the international cult following in the first 30 minutes.

I can't say one positive thing about this.
This

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I enjoyed it.....but i'm already
smoking and sippin patron.
:mjgrin:

wat6rr.jpg

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Just finished it. Much better than I was expecting:ehh:It would have benefited from being a series. Two 10 episode seasons would have been perfect. But judging it purely as an adaptation it was good. I'm fully expecting internet nikkas to hate on this based on the liberties they took with the source material doe:manny:With that said, I'm not taking any of that seriously when the creators of the source material praised this adaptation. If I want to see the manga adapted perfectly I have the anime for that. They took the overall idea of Death Note, the major characters and did their own thing. Stanfield's take on L was...interesting. They could have done a much better job displaying his connection to Watari if they were going to go in the direction they went. I found the dude who played Light boring as hell. Dafoe was dope as Ryuk. Mia, this version's Misa(and also serving as the ruthless side of Light in the anime), did a good job as well. The ending will be pretty divisive but it works imo.