CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I can’t believe I thought the Tour de France was corny when I was young.

This bike race takes amazing levels of fitness and strength and strategy.

Over the past 10 years or so I really grew to love this event.

We need some billionaire to fund an American team so this country could get back into it.

Say what you want about Lance Armstrong but he put this race on the map for us.

:hubie:

And yeah, the Tour is incredible, but there's several others that are dope too.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
@Remote

We need an actual cycling body that has an elite marketing team to get people in.

About 10-15 years ago there was a big push here in the US and we had a number of teams including United Healthcare which was owned by a very wealthy guy, and there were others too. But the excitement/interest wasn't there to sustain.

But give me a road version of RAAM???

:feedme:

Cycling (racing) needs a better marketing campaign...

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Remote

We need an actual cycling body that has an elite marketing team to get people in.

About 10-15 years ago there was a big push here in the US and we had a number of teams including United Healthcare which was owned by a very wealthy guy, and there were others too. But the excitement/interest wasn't there to sustain.

I do not see cycling gaining major interest until an American starts dominating the Tour, like Armstrong did.:yeshrug:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Remote

Is there any blowback still from Lance's confessions? That leaves Cycling with the doping stigma still in the US? We know people are dumb asses they'll use Cycling as dirty but ignore the fact that the home sports of NFL NBA MLB are juicing themselves but I guess that is different to the sponsors and all that. I guess Lance did burn bridges in that regards.

Like anything you need success/star to get behind or as they say in Field of Dreams. Build it they will come.Team Sky was built off British Cycling success on the track throughout the 2000's.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I do not see cycling gaining major interest until an American starts dominating the Tour, like Armstrong did.:yeshrug:

France cannot even produce a winner in their home race in nearly 40 years. Which was the Badger in 85.

Lance while with Motorola won the World's couple years after LeMond winning the tour kept the fire burning. Then the Cancer and Comeback and having the Nike pack to support was more the story the winning was the cherry on top that he managed to stretch out for 7 years. The yellow wrist bands was fantastic marketing

No American Cyclist is ever getting that kind of support again. Unless they have a story that wins hearts and minds of the people.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there any blowback still from Lance's confessions? That leaves Cycling with the doping stigma still in the US? We know people are dumb asses they'll use Cycling as dirty but ignore the fact that the home sports of NFL NBA MLB are juicing themselves but I guess that is different to the sponsors and all that. I guess Lance did burn bridges in that regards.

Like anything you need success/star to get behind or as they say in Field of Dreams. Build it they will come.Team Sky was built off British Cycling success on the track throughout the 2000's.
Lance is persona non grata but Christian Vande Velde juiced too and he’s commentating every Tour and on tv every commercial break doing promos for The Feed.

So PEDs matter but they don’t matter huh.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lance is persona non grata but Christian Vande Velde juiced too and he’s commentating every Tour and on tv every commercial break doing promos for The Feed.

So PEDs matter but they don’t matter huh.

Lance is blacklisted more for making rich and powerful corporations and people look stupid and tainted their brands i.e.Nike and US Postal. Also doesn't help that Lance is a giant a$$hole too :pachaha: as we've seen with Barry Bonds get the same sort of treatment.

The Move is a good podcast I like Lance's musing with the rest of the Dope Boyz and Special guests

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lance is blacklisted more for making rich and powerful corporations and people look stupid and tainted their brands i.e.Nike and US Postal. Also doesn't help that Lance is a giant a$$hole too :pachaha: as we've seen with Barry Bonds get the same sort of treatment.

The Move is a good podcast I like Lance's musing with the rest of the Dope Boyz and Special guests
The Move is a nice podcast but good god they have so many stupid ads on it.

Also, having seen it a few times it seems to me like Lance was just a beast on a bicycle. I don’t feel like he’s this super smart strategic guy. Hincapie comes across as more intelligent.

But that’s just how it seems to me. I haven’t listened to them in depth.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The Move is a nice podcast but good god they have so many stupid ads on it.

Also, having seen it a few times it seems to me like Lance was just a beast on a bicycle. I don’t feel like he’s this super smart strategic guy. Hincapie comes across as more intelligent.

But that’s just how it seems to me. I haven’t listened to them in depth.

Lance is a great athlete that has that 1% elite level mentality that most athletes don't have. His will to win is what sets him apart.

You can hear Lance dominant/bully personality come across to everyone except his brother in arms Johan Bruyneel. He's the only one that Lance holds in the high regard so he shows him more respect. Well they are both serving Life Bans so they have that :lolbron:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I will say though, those Lance years were something special working in the industry..

He was a renown a** and they strong-armed teammates into a system of doping.

Then there was stuff like this:

:russ:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lance is a great athlete that has that 1% elite level mentality that most athletes don't have. His will to win is what sets him apart.

You can hear Lance dominant/bully personality come across to everyone except his brother in arms Johan Bruyneel. He's the only one that Lance holds in the high regard so he shows him more respect. Well they are both serving Life Bans so they have that :lolbron:
Absolutely agree about his will to win.

That guy was like The Terminator. You could see it in his eyes. He was coming after you no matter what.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely agree about his will to win.

That guy was like The Terminator. You could see it in his eyes. He was coming after you no matter what.

Despite all the drama, I liked Lance although I never met him outside of a handshake. I didn't really care about the doping since sohh many others were cycling too, pun intended..

Before Lance, Indurain was my guy...

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Despite all the drama, I liked Lance although I never met him outside of a handshake. I didn't really care about the doping since sohh many others were cycling too, pun intended..

Before Lance, Indurain was my guy...

Djamolidine Abdoujaparov (you have to say the whole name) and Jalabert :myman:

TRV18_11_clip_image003.jpg