Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which riders have a path to a future Tour de France victory besides Vingegaard and Pogacar?

Bear in mind that these predictions will almost certainly be wrong. Because you all would have predicted Roglic would have the juice 3 years ago.

:mjgrin:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t like this Australian dikkface commentator on NBC right now.

Sam Bewley.

He might have the only face more punchable than Will Ferrell.
Rund_um_K%C3%B6ln_2022_035.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Which riders have a path to a future Tour de France victory besides Vingegaard and Pogacar?

Bear in mind that these predictions will almost certainly be wrong. Because you all would have predicted Roglic would have the juice 3 years ago.

:mjgrin:

While Roglic was favourite in 2020 he also has a reputation of being accident prone prior to that Tour. So people half expect something will happen to him. Podium or crash no in-between. Like G Thomas of Ineos has the same reputation.

To beat Pogacar and Vinegegaard you have to be a very strong climber and TTer and even then that's not a given because of their physiological alien make up those 2 have. Basically you have to an alien yourself to really compete vs them.

As of today there are only 2 real contenders who can compete with those 2. Juan Ayuso who is Pogacar teammate. He can climb TT and is an engine. The other is Remco Evenepoel he isn't the climber of the other 3 (hes more Thomas and Wiggins ride to tempo and numbers) but has the biggest engine and best TT. As it stands Remco doesn't have the team to compete vs UAE or Jumbo.

Joao Almeida is another who has the climbing TT and engine profile but like Ayuso he's a teammate of Pogacar.

If you aren't an alien or have an engine who can TT and climb your chances of winning the Tour are slim.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Remote, @Kunty McPhuck , @the artist known az ,

I don't know if you guys watch the Tour Femmes but Van Vleuten is from another planet lol. Queen stage today with a Tourmalet finish :picard:

She's 40 year old and still the strongest climber among women riders :russ: Put a masterclass on last year's queen stage to win the first ever Tour de France Femmes. Probably is doing the same today.

Hopefully my baby Niewadoma can keep following if Vollering and Van Vleuten start duking it out on the final climb :sadcam:

EDIT : Welp AvV's reign is over, Vollering is the new queen of the mountain :wow:

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't know if you guys watch the Tour Femmes but Van Vleuten is from another planet lol. Queen stage today with a Tourmalet finish :picard:

She's 40 year old and still the strongest climber among women riders :russ: Put a masterclass on last year's queen stage to win the first ever Tour de France Femmes. Probably is doing the same today.

Hopefully my baby Niewadoma can keep following if Vollering and Van Vleuten start duking it out on the final climb :sadcam:
I wasn't watching it but I saw a GCN video where one of the guys tried to simulate riding against Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio.
And the race assumed Pasio had 1 week of fatigue so it wouldn't necessarily be as fast as she might normally ride.

Dude got smoked by more than 3 minutes.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't watching it but I saw a GCN video where one of the guys tried to simulate riding against Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio.
And the race assumed Pasio had 1 week of fatigue so it wouldn't necessarily be as fast as she might normally ride.

Dude got smoked by more than 3 minutes.

Yeah these women are legit, they are pros for real. The GCN dude actually did very well for an amateur at that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Nah I'm recording it. AVV is a monster so it isnt a surprise. How she won the World's last yeah :wow:

SD Worx this year is on some other shyt. They have 4 of the 5 riders ar the top of the UCI rankings with AVV second. AVV vs SD Worx is the Ladies version of Pogacar vs Jumbo.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The Cycling World Championships start today. Apart from CycloX which are held in late January/Early February. All the other disciplines are competing from Juniors u23's and Senior level.

The track starts today. You have the MTB tomorrow. The Road racing starts on Saturday with the Mens Road race on Sunday (6th) and the Womens on the following Sunday (13th) TT's are spread out over the next week.