Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Never understood why all countries couldn’t come together and build a permanent Olympic venue on some island for the summer games and a mountain resort for winter games with all countries contributing for maintenance. This building all new venues in cities for basically one time use is a fukin waste of money that could be used for its people..

less money for the IOC

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Never understood why all countries couldn’t come together and build a permanent Olympic venue on some island for the summer games and a mountain resort for winter games with all countries contributing for maintenance. This building all new venues in cities for basically one time use is a fukin waste of money that could be used for its people..
The Olympics in one permanent place would defeat the purpose of the games. The Olympics is about different countries showcasing themselves in front of the world.

If it was in just one country, then it would get stale and dull.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The MLB should allow active players to participate in the Olympics. MLB should just schedule a 2-3 week break every Olympic year and allow these guys to represent their countries.

Instead, we have to see some ragtag American players against top-notch Japanese players :francis:
MLB barely even lets them do the World Baseball Classic, and they do that during spring training. Fact of the matter is, they don't wanna take a break because then the season ends in mid November and it's less about the hitters than it is about the pitchers. They don't want the pitchers going there to get hurt for something they don't think is important.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
MLB barely even lets them do the World Baseball Classic, and they do that during spring training. Fact of the matter is, they don't wanna take a break because then the season ends in mid November and it's less about the hitters than it is about the pitchers. They don't want the pitchers going there to get hurt for something they don't think is important.
Yeah, I know the reason why but I still think that it's stupid.

During Olympic years, the MLB should reduce the season to 132 or 142 games, cancel the All-Star Game and schedule the 2-3 week Olympic break. It's really not that hard. Many MLB players want to play in the Olympics. Bryce Harper was calling out the MLB last year for not allowing them to participate.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

During Olympic years, the MLB should reduce the season to 132 or 142 games, cancel the All-Star Game and schedule the 2-3 week Olympic break. It's really not that hard. Many MLB players want to play in the Olympics. Bryce Harper was calling out the MLB last year for not allowing them to participate.

They won't because they don't get a piece of the pie

IOC keeps all the money to themselves

baseball is gone from the olympics anyways, but when it possibly returns when the US host the games I hope at least for that olympics the union works out something and allows them to play

Nhl players want to go to China and will prob next year

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

I don't think it would mean anything to those teams. The Mets wouldn't want deGrom to go out there, feel something in his shoulder and them be of no use to the team the rest of the way (granted that happened anyway, but at least it was on their watch)

During the WBC we already see how stacked those rosters can get depending on the country. They'd love to do it, but MLB would rather you not play at all leading up to the Olympics than play and get hurt. That's how dudes like David Robertson and Todd Frazier wound up on Team USA.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I don't think it would mean anything to those teams. The Mets wouldn't want deGrom to go out there, feel something in his shoulder and them be of no use to the team the rest of the way (granted that happened anyway, but at least it was on their watch)

During the WBC we already see how stacked those rosters can get depending on the country. They'd love to do it, but MLB would rather you not play at all leading up to the Olympics than play and get hurt. That's how dudes like David Robertson and Todd Frazier wound up on Team USA.
Yeah, I know that there's a risk of players getting hurt but other major sports leagues in America (except the NFL obviously) has taken that risk at the Olympics. The NBA, NHL and WNBA take that risk but they have allowed their players to participate in the Olympics. They know what it means to the players and it's a chance to grow the game.

Baseball is declining in popularity here in the US. However, they have a chance to grow the game both here and around the world by allowing the top players to participate in the Olympics.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
rewatching track from today I missed & Prandini got all that hype pre-semis to not even make the final:mjlol:

Shelly Ann running as good as ever :wow:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Going to watch the replay of US Canada soon

Then I'll watch some of the track I missed. Too bad that Alysha had to withdraw after her injury