Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

charknicks

All Star
Daps
It is. The US has too many medals and frankly doesn’t care. Go get your wheaties box or Nike endorsement and KIM. The US cares about its big 3 pro leagues (big 4 with hockey) and that’s it :manny:

Yes, you are talking the US as in fans. I am talking US as in government here. The Phillipines government is giving her $660k for winning. The US (with infinite more money) government is giving $37k. Thats the discussion at hand. Im talking the money for repping your country.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yes, you are talking the US as in fans. I am talking US as in government here. The Phillipines government is giving her $660k for winning. The US (with infinite more money) government is giving $37k. Thats the discussion at hand. Im talking the money for repping your country.
LMAO. The government doesn’t want to give people money who need it - UI and the stimulus are the most recent examples - you trippin if you expect that same government to give away 100k+ and houses for medals :heh: the govt and fans don’t care like that...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Considering the country's in an state of emergency currently.

Japan expands state of emergency as COVID-19 surge shadows Olympics

And quite a few athletes have caught covid while being there already. Those athletes are being selfish.
yeah definitely. lets see what impact these games have as everyone flies back home eventually. don't know if most of the athletes going back to their represented countries but I believe most train and likely live in the US so we shall see if they send back any infected over here.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You know who I'm talking about and know what his job was. And your being extra for no reason.

Your telling me that if you had a world renown doping expert in your possession better yet you are protecting him from your biggest political and sporting rival you ain't going to ask him how to beat the system. Hes a scientist he lives for the science.

Acting like America didnt allowed Nike to fund a doping program for middle and long distance runners for nearly 2 decades. And it only came to the end because the guy who was put in charge of it was caught trafficking drugs.

There is absolutely zero evidence that the USA has ever ran a state-sponsored doping program. You keep making shyt up out of thin air. And Russia ain't "america's biggest sporting rival", no one in America gives a shyt about Russian sports like that, this isn't 1988.

I'm talking about a massive government program with drugs paid for by the government, drug testers blocked by the government, positive samples stolen from labs by government agents, computer testing results changed by government hackers, and whistleblowers assassinated by government agents. And your comeback is.....one private coach in another country was caught micro-dosing drugs with zero government connection and in fact was caught and punished by his OWN country. You're not even trying to be serious.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
There is absolutely zero evidence that the USA has ever ran a state-sponsored doping program. You keep making shyt up out of thin air. And Russia ain't "america's biggest sporting rival", no one in America gives a shyt about Russian sports like that, this isn't 1988.

I'm talking about a massive government program with drugs paid for by the government, drug testers blocked by the government, positive samples stolen from labs by government agents, computer testing results changed by government hackers, and whistleblowers assassinated by government agents. And your comeback is.....one private coach in another country was caught micro-dosing drugs with zero government connection and in fact was caught and punished by his OWN country. You're not even trying to be serious.

People try to make too many false equivalences.

Yes, people can name Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, and others. They cheated, plain and simple. However, it wasn't a government funding that and sending in secret agents to swap out samples during the middle of the night.:dead:.

And. the U.S. actually punishes its athletes that are caught cheating. Many of these other countries do not. There is no valid comparison with what Russia (as a country and government) has done and what the U.S. (individuals) have done.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

What have I made up? Nike Oregon Project? It was being investigated by USADA like 12-24 months into the program? If the Oregon Project was really clean surely they would of just fired Salazar and not shut down the whole project all together. Guess I'm making this up.

I guess I must of dreamt the MLB doping scandal.

What about the USOC covering up failed drug tests of its Olympic and world champions? From 1988-2000? Guess I'm making that up as well.

In the Olympics Russia and China are America's biggest rivals. Why? Because those 3 are the top 3 gold medalist winners. Olympics in Olympics out. It's still a Superpowers pissing contest.