Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Nobody cares about the world championships, diamond league, or whatever else is out there. The Olympics is where you make your name in track.
Nah, not true. In track & field, the World Championships are huge.

That's like saying a soccer team winning the Champions League or Euros isn't huge.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

That's like saying a soccer team winning the Champions League or Euros isn't huge.

Champions League and Euros are in another stratosphere than the track World Championships. People don't even know when that shyt is or who won. It's a niche event for Americans. Ask someone to talk about what Usain Bolt did in the world championships and they wouldn't know, they would say he won just because. But they would know about his Olympic wins.

I'm speaking from the perspective of the average Joe.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Wow I’m watch the replay of the USA v Netherlands and both rapinoe and Morgan are completely trash now wtf

Dutch got some joints on the Team

Daps
:why:I hope they test all the Japanese athletes after this. There's no way they're not doping. We already know what to deal is with China so I'm not even gonna bother.

Japan being the hosts get to participate in every sport without having to qualify. Plus being on home turf.......

But it does seem like they're doing better than normal. China, feels like they are slacking but I have nothing to back that up. China is always strong the first week but once we get to track, they fall off heavy

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Champions League and Euros are in another stratosphere than the track World Championships. People don't even know when that shyt is or who won. It's a niche event for Americans. Ask someone to talk about what Usain Bolt did in the world championships and they wouldn't know, they would say he won just because. But they would know about his Olympic wins.

Nope, not true at all. The World Championships are huge in track & field. I don't know what else to tell you lol.

Japan being the hosts get to participate in every sport without having to qualify. Plus being on home turf.......

But it does seem like they're doing better than normal. China, feels like they are slacking but I have nothing to back that up. China is always strong the first week but once we get to track, they fall off heavy
China currently has 19 gold medals and Japan with 17. The USA currently has 14 gold medals. Sh!ts crazy man.

Thankfully, track & field has started. Also, thank goodness for Caeleb Dressel & Katie Ledecky. USA Swimming at these Olympics would be mid without them :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

not the same breh

can you tell me who won the 100m and 200m at the last world championships for men and women? without googling?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

its true breh

how many people even know where the last world championships took place? Or even the year?

But they know the last olympics was in rio and the one before in london and the one before Beijing

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
not the same breh

can you tell me who won the 100m at the last world championships for men and women?

Everyone knows who wins the olympics
the world championships are for track lovers
I never said otherwise. Of course, the Olympics are the biggest stage for track & field.

All I'm saying is that in the world of track & field, the World Championships are still huge. That is a fact. Simple.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I never said otherwise. Of course, the Olympics are the biggest stage for track & field.

All I'm saying is that in the world of track & field, the World Championships are still huge. That is a fact. Simple.

yeah its huge for track and field i mean 2 world championships happen between olympics but it's still meh to most folks.

Just like im sure the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships are big in the world of gymnastics, and same with the aquatics but the majority of folks could care less but every four years for the olympics they watch.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

But you quoted me like what i said was wrong. :mindblown:

Im sure the world championships of synchronized diving is big in the world of synchronized diving, but the average person dont care about that. But we watched that shyt a couple days ago like :gladbron:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wow I’m watch the replay of the USA v Netherlands and both rapinoe and Morgan are completely trash now wtf

Dutch got some joints on the Team

they are like i mentioned same for basketball with bird and taurasi

Giving legacy spots because in women sports those are the only names people can remember

diana taurasi is nearly 40 shooting 36% this year in the wnba and got an olympic spot :picard:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
yeah its huge for track and field i mean 2 world championships happen between olympics but it's still meh to most folks.

Just like im sure the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships are big in the world of gymnastics, and same with the aquatics but the majority of folks could care less

But you quoted me like what i said was wrong. :mindblown:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the "average Joe" or casual sports fan :mjlol:

I was talking about for the athletes and fans of track & field. Misunderstanding :yeshrug:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
they are like i mentioned same for basketball with bird and taurasi

Giving legacy spots because in women sports those are the only names people can remember

diana taurasi is nearly 40 shooting 36% this year in the wnba and got an olympic spot :picard:
Sue Bird has been bricking almost all of her shots in the past 2 games :mjlol:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

Chinese girls were STRUGGLIN in those 100m heats yesterday.