Official TLR Stupidity Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
At what cost, though?

The tolls that these policies have taken on society are extreme. It's already been noted that America is the top country for imprisoning its citizens. It has wreaked havoc on some of the most vulnerable communities, cost the government a fortune to pay for and has been rotting society from the inside, and in the case of MS-13, has even spread the rot to other countries. These imprisoned people were community members, friends, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, etc. That means parents are being removed from their children's lives, breadwinners removed from their families, tax payers removed from their communities. Without rehabilitation the justice system dooms most of these people to a cycle of imprisonment that is completely counter to the goal of improving society.

It's trading one problem for many others, without ever dealing with the root of the issue.
:dahell:
You address the factors in a material way. :what:
While you’re pretending that these factors will be addressed in a meaningful way in a short amount of time criminals are wreaking havoc on mostly black victims

The more you post the more @Rarely-Wrong Liggins doesn’t seem exaggerated because you’re type pure nonsense

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Less victims moving forward is accomplished by removing the perpetrators of those crimes from society for long sentences/ or forever. Before they kill other people .
Which translates to the harsh sentences that you reject earlier in that post.

Unless I'm not understanding. How else would society make sure that there are fewer victims in the future without at least incarcerating the killers forever (or for long stretches)? That can be done in conjunctuon with other measures, but it has to be done.

=====

I posed a question to somebody, perhaps in this thread. He said that most people were capable of being rehabilitated. I asked whether that applied to the animal who killed the Elders in Buffalo. Never got a response.
I believe that everyone should be entitled to rehabilitation. That's just moral consistency. The requirements for rehabilitation aren't equal though. A non-violent drug offender or serial thief won't have as many hurdles as a pedophile or that animal in Buffalo. The Buffalo shooter would be in a similar position to Anders Breivik, a WS who committed terrorist attacks in Norway over a decade ago. Technically, he was sentenced to 21 years of detention, but he's never getting out. He'll never be able to convince people that he isn't a threat to society.

I find it ridiculous to punish millions of people in the correctional system, especially since most of them are them for nonviolent offenses, because we want a smaller number of people to get their due.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
:dahell:

While you’re pretending that these factors will be addressed in a meaningful way in a short amount of time criminals are wreaking havoc on mostly black victims

The more you post the more @Rarely-Wrong Liggins doesn’t seem exaggerated because you’re type pure nonsense

Its now been explained to you by multiple people that the 'solution' you're demanding doesn't solve the issue you're trying to solve, and actually perpetuates it, yet you think I'm typing nonsense. :stopitslime:

You really have earned that WOAT banner.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Its now been explained to you by multiple people that the 'solution' you're demanding doesn't solve the issue you're trying to solve, and actually perpetuates it, yet you think I'm typing nonsense. :stopitslime:

You really have earned that WOAT banner.
My solution removes someone harming another individual from society. That’s all I’m saying

Poverty is not an excuse from crime. I don’t care about rehabilitation. You rob or mill someone then go rot

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's a great idea. We should pass a crime bill to get these super predators off the street. No way that ends badly.

:martin:
My thoughts exactly. These people are either too young (or find history too abhorrent) to realize that this is how you end up with Rudy Giuliani, Reaganomics, "superpredator" talk, etc.

No one is excusing their behavior but no one is beyond redemption, even if they are doing a deserved life bid.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My solution removes someone harming another individual from society. That’s all I’m saying

Poverty is not an excuse from crime. I don’t care about rehabilitation. You rob or mill someone then go rot

So where do you draw the line between who can be rehabilitated and who can't? :lupe:

What about a drug dealer who shot someone? Or a drunk driver that hit someone? What about a robber who assaulted (but didn't kill) a victim? Or someone who sells heroin or crack? Domestic abusers? We doing the same same to all those types of people?

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

"I don't care about making society better. I am actually okay with making things worse as long as I get to fantasize about bad people being punished with no benefit."🤡

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So where do you draw the line between who can be rehabilitated and who can't? :lupe:

What about a drug dealer who shot someone? Or a drunk driver that hit someone? What about a robber who assaulted (but didn't kill) a victim? Or someone who sells heroin or crack? Domestic abusers? We doing the same same to all those types of people?
fukk criminals. Why did you pose this question to me?

Ask the people that think those committing crimes just needs rehab and grace
"I don't care about making society better. I am actually okay with making things worse as long as I get to fantasize about bad people being punished with no benefit."🤡
Ridding a capitalistic society of poverty is not a realistic goal

Walmart is paying $18 a hour and begging people to work. We have record low unemployment with millions of jobs available. I have no sympathy for the poverty crimes as y’all like to label them( they’re not that)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
fukk criminals. Why did you pose this question to me?

Ask the people that think those committing crimes just needs rehab and grace

Ridding a capitalistic society of poverty is not a realistic goal

Walmart is paying $18 a hour and begging people to work. We have record low unemployment with millions of jobs available. I have no sympathy for the poverty crimes as y’all like to label them( they’re not that)
My guy, you are a lost cause. We are going in circles. Your logic falls apart if you just think about it for a few more seconds and recognize the cyclical patterns that come out of what you're proposing.

Please just allow like 8 more seconds of thought about what comes from constantly locking up your citizens without taking measures to reduce crime.

With that said, I'm done. Have a great day, friend.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
My guy, you are a lost cause. We are going in circles. Your logic falls apart if you just think about it for a few more seconds and recognize the cyclical patterns that come out of what you're proposing.

Please just allow like 8 more seconds of thought about what comes from constantly locking up your citizens without taking measures to reduce crime.

With that said, I'm done. Have a great day, friend.
I think you’re confused I have no logic

I’m saying if you commit crimes you should be separated from society.

You’re talking about eliminating poverty( impossible) rehabilitation (laughable)

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
This stupid ass, hypocritical ass thread

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
So this ORDER_66 guy,

Does he ever have a point? You're pretty much gaurunteed to see him pop up in a political thread and shyt post for pages on end, and when pressed to add any sort of nuance to his argument, he'll just repeat the same both sides rhetoric for several more pages.

Btw, he was the person I was referring to in this post

Man, about a month after the election a TLR'er was complaining about how Biden was lazy because he hadn't made any executive orders in December of 2020. A couple people had to point out to him that Biden couldn't do anything like that until he was inaugurated.

And yeah I remember the poster but I still feel too embarrassed for him to put him out there like that.