**Official Tissue NCAA March Madness 2k15 Thread**

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
What's crazy is that for all the one and done shyt Cal gets, our OAD players rep the fukk out of Kentucky when they leave.
I do like that about him. I think it's cause he's real transparent with his guys about trying to showcase them and get them paid and acknowledging the system they're both in (meaning college) is not ideal, but he's gonna do what he can to insure them post college success. Plus he got that charming politician speak shyt down pat which I think makes him very endearing to parents. I use to not be a fan of dude at all, but I've grown to respect his hustle. He still ain't a great x's and o's coach, but he understands the strengths of his team and gets a bunch of young nikkas who are used to being the man to buy into the team concept and play defense. I don't think that is easy to do.

Plus, now that I have a son I look at shyt from the parent's perspective, and if this dude is in my living room talking bout his track record of getting his players in the league and paid, I definitely considering it (especially when he slide over that briefcase full of cash):troll:

Last edited:

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do like that about him. I think it's cause he's real transparent with his guys about trying to showcase them and get them paid and acknowledging the system they're both in (meaning college) is not ideal, but he's gonna do what he can to insure them post college success. Plus he got that channing politician speak shyt down pat which I think makes him very endearing to parents. I use to not be a fan of dude at all, but I've grown to respect his hustle. He still ain't a great x's and o's coach, but he understands the strengths of his team and gets a bunch of young nikkas who are used to being the man to buy into the team concept and play defense. I don't think that is easy to do.

Plus, now that I have a son I look at shyt from the parent's perspective, and if this dude is in my living room talking bout his track record of getting his players in the league and paid, I definitely considering it (especially when he slide over that briefcase full of cash):troll:
I still don't get how he gets slighted for his X's and O's. This would never be said of another coach that goes to 4 Final Fours in 5 years.

Getting players to play good defense is the hardest job a coach has. He's been excelling at it. Their defense is the reason they've achieved the best record in college bball history to this point.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I still don't get how he gets slighted for his X's and O's. This would never be said of another coach that goes to 4 Final Fours in 5 years.

Getting players to play good defense is the hardest job a coach has. He's been excelling at it. Their defense is the reason they've achieved the best record in college bball history to this point.
I haven't heard anybody speak negatively about his d. In fact I credited him for that in the post you quoted. The offense, however, is pretty basic. Mostly drive and kicks with p'n'r thrown in. He has the luxury of having the type of talent where that can be effective. Many times his guys can just overwhelm and out-athlete the opposition. This weekend's matchup is gonna be a prime example and a great contrast in styles. Bo's team is gonna run more complicated sets and go deep into the shotclock on more possessions to get the look they want.

I'm not even saying either way is wrong, and that wide open style is a reason why a lot of highly ranked recruits want to go there, so I definitely get it. But that style is not a style that people with lesser talent can duplicate and have similar results.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I fully expect a lot of flopping from Kaminsky trying to get towns in foul trouble

ec

Yvge

Rookie
Daps
Izzo Da Gawd guiding my boys to the promise land :to::blessed:. If we can make free throws and Denzel to stop taking Kobe Threes...we have a shot at duke. :sadcam::mjcry:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Izzo Da Gawd guiding my boys to the promise land :to::blessed:. If we can make free throws and Denzel to stop taking Kobe Threes...we have a shot at duke. :sadcam::mjcry:
Won't lie, with the way he been shooting this year I actually expected him to make that shyt. nikka been on his Elzhi mixtape shyt since freshman year #witnessmygrowth

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I think M. State eats Duke up on the inside. Those forwards/centers play with real ferocity and we all know Okafor is kinda ehh reluctant down there on defense. State's wings aren't particularly talented, Valentine is, but they play defense hard. State for the win.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I think M. State eats Duke up on the inside. Those forwards/centers play with real ferocity and we all know Okafor is kinda ehh reluctant down there on defense. State's wings aren't particularly talented, Valentine is, but they play defense hard. State for the win.
I'd be surprised if that happens tbh. Besides Dawson, State doesn't have anybody who can consistently score inside, and Dawson is undersized. Their guard play is their strength, mainly Trice and Valentine, with the occasional big game from Forbes. Even if one of the other bigs has a decent game it will mostly be due to Trice and Valentine setting them up most of the time. I just think the bigs are gonna be in foul trouble most of the game if they call a tight whistle facing Okafor.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Caliparis offense is simple because that's what he Thinks is the best thing for the type of talent he has.
Like u said,they can just overwhelm athletically and since a lot of the best guys are only gonna be there a year,it's something they can pick up quickly as opposed trying to learn and adjust to a complex system.

Calipari actually had a huge playbook when he coached in the NBA.
I'm no expert when it comes to Xs and Os but Self has more plays but his stuff is fairly simple too. A lot of DHO, leading into pick and roll with someone in the post. And coach K as well, when you have that much talent, you don't need to run complex sets

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Caliparis offense is simple because that's what he Thinks is the best thing for the type of talent he has.
Like u said,they can just overwhelm athletically and since a lot of the best guys are only gonna be there a year,it's something they can pick up quickly as opposed trying to learn and adjust to a complex system.

I'm no expert when it comes to Xs and Os but Self has more plays but his stuff is fairly simple too. A lot of DHO, leading into pick and roll with someone in the post. And coach K as well, when you have that much talent, you don't need to run complex sets
I get it and clearly it works. But you do typically need a lil more than that for the times when that approach is bogged down. I was gonna mention Self in my original post too. I'd go as far as to say that simple o is 1 of the prime reasons they lost to Wichita State. Once they couldn't overwhelm them athletically points were really tough to come by. Again, I'm not knocking it, but it helps to have some extra tools in the toolbox when the initial ones aren't working.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Caliparis a blah X's and O's guy his strength is getting a bunch of freshmen with big egos every year to play hard and unselfishly.. Not caring about how many points they get or shots they take

In today's era where these dudes are coddled and told they're the greatest thing ever from an early age that's a hard thing to do and he does it