**Official Tissue NCAA March Madness 2k15 Thread**

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
nobody wants to say it cause he seems like a genuine good dude, but izzo is overrated as fukk by ESPN and them.

he has had alot of top prospects during his career and yet only 1 title to show for it. I give him props for making deeper than expected runs in the tournament and possibly getting more out of less but he's not touching calhoun, and I say that as a dedicated calhoun hater. he's also levels below wooden, smith, k and other elite coaches...
overrated:dwillhuh::snoop:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
overrated:dwillhuh::snoop:

izzo has been to 7 final fours and has 1 title to show for it. the way that ESPN and other media talk about him and his "success" in March, you would think that he had the most titles of any active coach when he only cracked the top 5 after calhoun retired and even then he's tied with like 8 other active coaches for 5th place. the funniest part of all the izzo hype is when dikk vitale or the other ESPN cats say "there's no other coach that I would pick if I had to win one big game." really? no other coach? so you're okay with rolling with a coach who is 3-5 in the final four for his career? word? do you then... :patrice:

you're an spartan fan so you're biased and i don't blame you for riding for your coach but seriously am I wrong? and spare me the "he doesn't get elite talent like other coaches" argument, cause recruiting is part of coaching, I don't give him any extra points for failing to land top recruits. that just means that he can't close the deal and has to make up for it in other ways. izzo's bully ball also is so fukking tedious to watch. seriously, i hate the low scoring games that his team has to force in order to win games. I can't wait til they change the rules again in college b-ball so the less talented teams can't neutralize better, more talented teams by mugging them all game.

and izzo getting credit for underperforming in the regular season despite being a top 5-10 team preseason is laughable as well. so now we giving props to coaching for playing sub-par ball all season leading to a low seed in the tourney, then happen to get on a hot streak and going deep in the tourney only to lose anyway? :what: must be nice to be a MSU fan and have your team get credit for underachieving and overachieving in the same season. meanwhile you got better programs getting murdered and their coaches getting killed by pundits for having great seasons that happen to end cause of one mediocre half/game.

you can't deny the irony of the media saying that izzo owns March, when he regularly get owned in April and that's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things. no team is bragging about hanging up runner-up or 3rd/4th place banners... :manny:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
izzo has been to 7 final fours and has 1 title to show for it. the way that ESPN and other media talk about him and his "success" in March, you would think that he had the most titles of any active coach when he only cracked the top 5 after calhoun retired and even then he's tied with like 8 other active coaches for 5th place. the funniest part of all the izzo hype is when dikk vitale or the other ESPN cats say "there's no other coach that I would pick if I had to win one big game." really? no other coach? so you're okay with rolling with a coach who is 3-5 in the final four for his career? word? do you then... :patrice:

you're an spartan fan so you're biased and i don't blame you for riding for your coach but seriously am I wrong? and spare me the "he doesn't get elite talent like other coaches" argument, cause recruiting is part of coaching, I don't give him any extra points for failing to land top recruits. that just means that he can't close the deal and has to make up for it in other ways. izzo's bully ball also is so fukking tedious to watch. seriously, i hate the low scoring games that his team has to force in order to win games. I can't wait til they change the rules again in college b-ball so the less talented teams can't neutralize better, more talented teams by mugging them all game.

and izzo getting credit for underperforming in the regular season despite being a top 5-10 team preseason is laughable as well. so now we giving props to coaching for playing sub-par ball all season leading to a low seed in the tourney, then happen to get on a hot streak and going deep in the tourney only to lose anyway? :what: must be nice to be a MSU fan and have your team get credit for underachieving and overachieving in the same season. meanwhile you got better programs getting murdered and their coaches getting killed by pundits for having great seasons that happen to end cause of one mediocre half/game.

you can't deny the irony of the media saying that izzo owns March, when he regularly get owned in April and that's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things. no team is bragging about hanging up runner-up or 3rd/4th place banners... :manny:

7 final fours, 2 title games and 1 ship? I don't see the problem there considering the championship game squads were the most talented teams he's had. I could better understand your argument if he produced a fat 0 in titles, or title games even.

bully ball? Izzo structures the squads identity based off of the the talent he has at the time. The Cleaves and crew era wasn't bully ball at all, they could run and lock you down defensively at the same time, probably his most celebrated class and he won a ship with them/was a game away from getting back to the title game the year after with those guys

its not that he cant get top recruits, Izzo bowed out of going after 1 and done cats consistently due to Z-Bo leaving early (set what Izzo wanted to do with the program back). His whole idea is to teach, develop and have a collective unit after 3-4 years, and once the seniors leave the follow ups can step in, wash, rinse and repeat....now lately Izzo seems to have come back around to going after top tier talent ALONG with his regular MO, so expect to see more of that in the future, and lets not act like Coach K/Duke didn't pull any shenanigans to steal Jabari Parker from Izzo:sas2:, he was basically a lock for state until the last minute :comeon:. Add Parker to the squad with Harris, Appling, a developed Payne, a developing Dawson, Valentine and Trice and we're talking a title right there at the time. Izzo could take a chance and blow his load on getting all 1 and dones, but he might miss out on those diamonds in the ruffs he usually finds, but like i said lately per interviews and etc it seems as if he's going to entertain that a bit more or at least welcome it (going after multiple big dogs instead of just one every now and then), this game is all about adjustments :manny:, combining that with his usual recruiting method could be a good thing.

explain to me how Izzo under performs in the regular season, yet MSU is always ranked (most of the time) and has a tough strength of schedule year in and out? MSU is always in the mix when it comes to the Big 10 title/tourny at the end of the season also.The Big 10 is a war every year.

Coach K was starting to look mediocre, getting bounced early repeatedly until he switched things up and started getting different types of players on the team:myman:

but yeah i am biased alumni that has seen the culture manifest to what it is today with Izzo at the helm, i will not dispute that at all/cant knock you for supporting your squad as well

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

i think it's underestimated how hard to win a ship is. getting to the final four that much is really impressive. One and Done games are unpredictable and your team can simply have an off night and get beat, despite being a better team in actuality.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This year Michigan state team has solid ball movement and good skilled players. Defense is where they've been inconsistent and struggled.
I do think Villanova panicked and looked terrible for a game but they were clearly the best team in that region.

Tony Bennett's system just doesnt work as well in the tourney for whatever reason but s/o to MSU.
They have played bully ball in the past but I don't think that's true of ALL of their teams

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This year Michigan state team has solid ball movement and good skilled players. Defense is where they've been inconsistent and struggled.
I do think Villanova panicked and looked terrible for a game but they were clearly the best team in that region.

Tony Bennett's system just doesnt work as well in the tourney for whatever reason but s/o to MSU.
They have played bully ball in the past but I don't think that's true of ALL of their teams
Exactly. That's a lazy ass label from somebody not really paying attention to the team. And these "bettter" programs who get killed by pundits for one "medoicre half/game" typically don't face that scrutiny due to one game, but because they routinely underperform on the biggest stage. Who are these better programs anyway?

Also, when comparing his success to that of his peers, with the exception of Billy Donovan, most of the guys with multiple championships have been coaching a lot longer than Izzo and didn't typically win their first championship so early in their career like he did. His coaching chapter isn't nearly closed yet but he's put together quite a resume already. in a single elimination tournament is not easy to routinely make deep runs. It's why unlike in other sports just making it to the later rounds is a very big deal. It's why there are so many great coaches with only 1 championship.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah this is a pretty good offensive team and pretty fun to watch unlike most msu teams that were grind it out teams

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just kinda looking at next years teams figuring out who's probably leaving and likely recruiting classes my god it's gonna be wide open next year..no team stands out at all in terms of talent

Teams at the top this year will be much more talented..it's gonna be pretty watered down next year

It seems like Cbb now is only as strong as the freshmen class is lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I'll give Izzo is that he seems like a great dude players love him especially old ones

On twitter pretty much any former player was praising him and the school after they won Sunday

Compare that to K who allegedly aside from his few favorites had no relationship with these players afterwards.

On twitter after duke won Sunday most duke alumns were tweeting about movies or food they don't give a fukk bout they school or K :wow:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
One thing I'll give Izzo is that he seems like a great dude players love him especially old ones

On twitter pretty much any former player was praising him and the school after they won Sunday

Compare that to K who allegedly aside from his few favorites had no relationship with these players afterwards.

On twitter after duke won Sunday most duke alumns were tweeting about movies or food they don't give a fukk bout they school or K :wow:
What's crazy is that for all the one and done shyt Cal gets, our OAD players rep the fukk out of Kentucky when they leave.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
People saying Izzos the best tourney coach ever now and making up the narrative that he has no talent ever which is bs

He also has one title in 5 trips no way i put him ahead of say a Calhoun

K
Calhoun
Pitino
Izzo
Roy

are the most accomplished of the modern era, but no i cant say id put Izzo over Calhoun. MSU had Magic in its history, UConn was literally a nothing school when he built that up. even Duke had been to numerous final fours before K, so had UNC under McGuire (or NIT's, which were a bigger deal in the 50's). Calhoun is the only one who actually built a program from scratch