Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
im gonna turn on my xbmc, it says there's an hd version i dont know if it's a screener though...
on the work computer so im scared to check but i know let's be cops is out so this probably out too. My kids gonna :eat:

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Theres a decent copy out on vodly. Just google it.

Movie was hella entertaining. Only thing I was disappointed about was some of the changes to the OG story line with Shredders and Splinter.

Waiting for some Ernie Reyes Jr type shyt in the next one.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just got done watching it. Pretty entertaining. The jokes were very cheesy, but sill funny. That car/hummer chase scene was nice and that final battle between the Turtles and Shredder was good as fukk. I really liked the idea of Shredder suit having magnets that pull the back when he threw em.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Appreciate that breh. I'm not overly critical because I understand that these are just adaptations of source material and I believe a filmmaker should do just that: adapt. Don't be a slave to the source material, just use it as a guide. Get the characters right first and foremost and then move on and every single character in this movie was represented correctly. If you get the characters right, I'll go with you on any ride you take me on as long as it's done well and this was done well. I also understand that I'm not the target audience for this per say...I'm 28, they're aiming this at kids who are the age now that I was when I first got into turtles. I can't be a grown ass man complaining about a kids flick. Yes they realize that dudes our age are going to see it and want to be pleased too but ultimately, they have to hit the kids.

I also realize that nostalgia clouds A LOT of our judgement because as I said before, IMO there are two good turtles movies in the franchise and now I'd add this one as a third. So all this crying over this movie before it's even come out when people hold up the 2nd and 3rd movie like they're quality cinema or even hold that 87 cartoon near and dear when it's SO tough to watch as an adult? I can't get with that man. Miss me with that shyt. The best turtles adaptation has been the 03 cartoon but because most of us were in high school when it came out, we keep bigging up the 87 cartoon like it's the holy grail when it isn't even close:sas2:
I feel the same way. I can't stand these "it has to be EXACTLY like the source material" folks when it comes to these movies.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:mjlol: This shyt was fukking trash, I cringed at the whole ":ohhh: oh now I remember where I heard the name, I have a old school recording of 4 year old me directing home videos of my fathers experiments"

:upsetfavre:FOH

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Just saw the original again (last time I saw it was back in 90 :wow:) and I saw the Bay one last night, gf request. :beli:

Honestly the Bay one wasnt that bad, just as corny as the original, in other words meant for kids. However, the TMNT from the past were a lot happy looking and kids friendly. You wanted to hang out and be friends with them. These 2014 turtles look like turtles meet exorcist. wtf. them shyts were terrifying. Id have gotten nightmares. :wtf:

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Just saw the original again (last time I saw it was back in 90 :wow:) and I saw the Bay one last night, gf request. :beli:

Honestly the Bay one wasnt that bad, just as corny as the original, in other words meant for kids. However, the TMNT from the past were a lot happy looking and kids friendly. You wanted to hang out and be friends with them. These 2014 turtles look like turtles meet exorcist. wtf. them shyts were terrifying. Id have gotten nightmares. :wtf:
:mutanthaha: