Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw It Tonight, Went In Expecting Trash But It Was A Decent Movie

Obvious Spoilers Ahead

My Picky Gripes

I Hated Megan Fox As April O'Neil
I Hated That Splinter Had A Regular Sounding American Accent
I Hated That The Origin Story Was That They Were Once Aprils "Pets" SMH
Splinter Had No Background In Martial Arts And Taught HIMSELF And The Turtles From A Book He Found In The Sewer? LOL Come On

My Likes

I Thought They Kept The Humor True To The Turtles
I Really Like The Whole Falling Down The Hill Scene
I Liked Seeing The Turtles As Kids
I Thought All The Fight Scenes Were Dope, Was Cool To See Splinter Fight
The Turtle Van Made An Appearance

I Wished All The Turtles Look More Similar To Leo Or Raph, Michaelangelo And Donatello Are So Ugly SMH lol

This is largely how I felt. I'll add that I have no idea why Splinter looked so goddamn ugly. It's like they put the entire CGI budget into the Turtles, and then only had enough money left to render Splinter in PS2 cutscene graphics. They kinda made up for it when he was beating down o those Foot Clan guards like Ip Man, but goddamn his design was ugly.

Shredder didn't really speak or do much outside of the fights he had, so I thought it was a good thing they made him so OP in the fights to still make him a worthy villain.

Megan Fox was so goddamn bad that even though you already mentioned you hated her, I had to emphasize this again.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

And no one would have ever expected it, but it’s actually “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” that has held the #1 box-office slot for two weeks in a row. The movie only fell 57% in its second week – suggesting, maybe kids are still forcing dad to take them – and added $28.4 million to a domestic haul which is now at $117 million. No wonder Paramount green lit a sequel so quickly. ‘Turtles’ will surpass its $125 milion budget by next weekend and the $135 million total of the original 1990 “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” Whether it hits $200 million at home remains to be seen, but for Paramount's low expectations, this movie is already a hit. Internationally the property isn't as large it seems. The movie's only grossed $67 million for a $185 worldwide total, but actually, it’s only opened up in twelve territories and there’s many more markets to come including China and Japan.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Somewhat spoiler

The scene where Schreder was barely hanging on some kid yelled kill him, everyone laughed

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Movie was waaaay better than i expected it to be. It was very silly throughout, but it's a movie based on a ridiculous premise in the first place and the silliness was well within context.

The Splinter/Shredder fight was crack, but one thing clicked to me after all these years....How is Splinter a master at kung-fu without ever fighting another person? In the OG he mimics his owner's moves and in this one he studies a book and is able to son a Kung-fu master pretty well. He's basically a 15-year shadow boxer that suddenly gets in the ring and goes toe to toe with Muhammed Ali :heh:

_curb_

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The Splinter/Shredder fight was crack, but one thing clicked to me after all these years....How is Splinter a master at kung-fu without ever fighting another person? In the OG he mimics his owner's moves and in this one he studies a book and is able to son a Kung-fu master pretty well. He's basically a 15-year shadow boxer that suddenly gets in the ring and goes toe to toe with Muhammed Ali :heh:

:ohhh: you got a point there.
could have sparred with the turtles for a few rounds tho....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Movie was waaaay better than i expected it to be. It was very silly throughout, but it's a movie based on a ridiculous premise in the first place and the silliness was well within context.

So basically in one sentence you big up the movie and the rest of the post you call it silly then point out a big ass plot hole. So you basically paid to see a few fight scenes which you enjoyed. Everything else leading up to it was garbage or meh at best.

With movies being 2 hours I can't see myself sitting through 90 minutes of bullshyt just to see 15 minutes of action/fighting.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
So basically in one sentence you big up the movie and the rest of the post you call it silly then point out a big ass plot hole. So you basically paid to see a few fight scenes which you enjoyed. Everything else leading up to it was garbage or meh at best.

With movies being 2 hours I can't see myself sitting through 90 minutes of bullshyt just to see 15 minutes of action/fighting.
I called it silly, but silly isn't a bad thing in a movie which the whole concept is and always has been silly. I enjoyed most of this silly at times movie

Last edited:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

He learned it from a book. The fukk taught him to read :heh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this was a kid movie... but man, the move itself was fukkin bad. like, that script and origin was a goddamn mess.

... that being said, i had a shyt eating grin on my face every second the Turtles were on screen and thoroughly enjoyed myself

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
There's nothing the turtles coulda done to save this movie. April is the main character, FOH! Shredder and the foot just forced into the storyline, as if to just to say "well we got the turtles vs Shredder movie outta the way. Next movie, turtles vs a bunch transformer knock offs" Yeah I'm mad.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is exactly why I didn't bother to watch.

It's that the live-action TMNT movie has a goofy element inside it and simultaneously wants to be a grim, gritty reboot of the Turtles. And these two goals are mutually exclusive.

With this type of movie you gotta go one way or the other.

The 1990 movie wasn't goofy and gritty at the same time? :ld: