I might peep this weekend
Wanna see James Brown tho
Might involve my kid in his first "sneak peak" mission :jawalrus:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Gonna see it today, my biggest fear was run time and it dragging. It is what it is, I'm hoping to be entertained I'm def not expecting a classic like the first one.:yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if I want to see this. Kinda leaning towards "Into the storm"
please don't pay to see either of these movies, if you're going to pay money see guardians of the galaxy or the new james brown flick

you all would probably have a better time staying at home one friday night, smoke a blunt and watch the original TMNT movie

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie wasn't bad. Action scenes were great and as mentioned, they got the Turtles personalities down perfectly

pacing was kind of off, there were a lot of plotholes and Shredder had no backstory whatsoever but the flick itself was entertaining.
Mikey constantly tryna get at April was hilarious.
even though Shredder didn't have much of a backstory he was intimidating as hell. when he gave Splinter and Raph that work I was :merchant:
Megan Fox wasn't that bad. she was better than she was in Transformers.
the snow mountain chase was probably the best action scene I've seen all year
Funniest scene was the Turtles randomly beatboxing in the elevator :pachaha:
the big plan was stupid as hell :skip:why would Sachs release the gas from his own tower if he wanted to emerge as the hero?
speaking of Sachs, what happened to him after he was knocked out?
If April had a picture of the Turtles on her phone, why didn't she just show it to Whoopi Goldberg before she got fired?

this wasn't a great movie by any means but it's not 17% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. a lot of people just decided they were gonna hate it before it even dropped.

not better than the original 1990 movie but its definitely better than Secret of the Ooze. before ya'll accuse me of blasphemy, take off your nostalgia glasses and go back and really watch the Secret of the Ooze objectively. It's not a good movie brehs :heh:

oh and I don't care what anybody says, the new theme song is :whew:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Movie wasn't bad. Action scenes were great and as mentioned, they got the Turtles personalities down perfectly

pacing was kind of off, there were a lot of plotholes and Shredder had no backstory whatsoever but the flick itself was entertaining.
Mikey constantly tryna get at April was hilarious.
even though Shredder didn't have much of a backstory he was intimidating as hell. when he gave Splinter and Raph that work I was :merchant:
Megan Fox wasn't that bad. she was better than she was in Transformers.
the snow mountain chase was probably the best action scene I've seen all year
Funniest scene was the Turtles randomly beatboxing in the elevator :pachaha:
the big plan was stupid as hell :skip:why would Sachs release the gas from his own tower if he wanted to emerge as the hero?
speaking of Sachs, what happened to him after he was knocked out?
If April had a picture of the Turtles on her phone, why didn't she just show it to Whoopi Goldberg before she got fired?

this wasn't a great movie by any means but it's not 17% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. a lot of people just decided they were gonna hate it before it even dropped.

not better than the original 1990 movie but its definitely better than Secret of the Ooze. before ya'll accuse me of blasphemy, take off your nostalgia glasses and go back and really watch the Secret of the Ooze objectively. It's not a good movie brehs :heh:

oh and I don't care what anybody says, the new theme song is :whew:

Nice review. I give it about a C+. Like I said huge step in the right direction. They can build off this. RT and Critics when it comes to Michael Bay can't be taken seriously. "Turtles" is no different than most Summer Blockbusters where they give it 40-50%. LOL @ Step Up 29 getting 50% when that movie is nothing more than the same lame dancing plot. They just hate Michael Bay. He didn't even direct this movie which is crazy.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also seeing Megan again made me realize how terrible her replacements in Transformers 3 and 4 were. Megan still got it too. She was looking good as hell in this.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nice review. I give it about a C+. Like I said huge step in the right direction. They can build off this. RT and Critics when it comes to Michael Bay can't be taken seriously. "Turtles" is no different than most Summer Blockbusters where they give it 40-50%. LOL @ Step Up 29 getting 50% when that movie is nothing more than the same lame dancing plot. They just hate Michael Bay. He didn't even direct this movie which is crazy.

I read some of the reviews, and a lot of critics seemed to give it a C+, 2 to 2/12 stars out of 4 grade, which means they didn't think it was terrible, just average. But RT still counts those reviews as "rotten." so the tomatometer score is a little misleading as far as the quality of the movie

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why watch "Into the Storm" when it's nothing more than a fake found footage "Twister":

220px-Twistermovieposter.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As for the Splinter looks it reminds me of the Yoda switch from Episode I to II. We are so use to puppet Splinter that CGI splinter just looks so different.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nostalgia is a muthafukka.

that's what I'm saying. now don't get me wrong, the original 1990 movie is a legitimately great movie(even though the critics hated that one too). great mix of darkness and humor, good plot and character development.

but anyone who views secret of the ooze as a classic is clearly being influenced by nostalgia. I loved the movie when I was a little kid too brehs but it's not a good flick. they turned Shredder into clown, they didn't allow the Turtles to use their weapons and they took out a lot of the darkness and grittiness that made the first one such a great flick. and yes, Go Ninja Go is catchy as hell but its still Vanilla Ice we're talking about here :skip:this reboot was easily better.