Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I always wanted to know how Freeway developed his style. It’s one of the most complex rhyme styles to me, would love to hear his process and how he came up with doing his rhymes schemes the way he patterns them.
When I first saw this freestyle, I couldn't stop playing it

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody think Freeway had a major fall off after his first album or is it just me?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This Canibus interview is dope as hell so far. I had no idea he had so much behind the scenes work

From managing the Lost Boyz and booking all their shows, helping Cappadonna get his Winter War's verse on the Ironman album, to helping Joe (the singer) get his "I Wanna Know" single on the Woods sdtk, etc...

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Canibus interview is dope as hell so far. I had no idea he had so much behind the scenes work

From managing the Lost Boyz and booking all their shows, helping Cappadonna get his Winter War's verse on the Ironman album, to helping Joe (the singer) get his "I Wanna Know" single on the Woods sdtk, etc...

I wanna see that DMX video he was talking about where he said canibus was one of his top rappers

*edit*

I thought this might be it but he just named himself 5x :mjlol: long live X

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wanna see that DMX video he was talking about where he said canibus was one of his top rappers

*edit*

I thought this might be it but he just named himself 5x :mjlol: long live X

This was from IG live and DMX and Scoop was discussing top rappers and lyricist, and DMX was saying lyrically Pun, L, Rakim, etc were in his top 5...and then later on Fatman Scoop says Canibus name and kinda tries to brush it off and then DMX was giving Canibus the highest praise saying he'd smoke most of Fatman Scoop's list lyrically.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

It’s way iller than I thought it would be. He’s also mad candid about not knowing shyt about shyt and how that derailed his career. Gave wyclef mad props.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s way iller than I thought it would be. He’s also mad candid about not knowing shyt about shyt and how that derailed his career. Gave wyclef mad props.
Agreed. The last few Canibus interviews I saw (I didn't see the Nems one), he came off a little aloof and easily agitated. But this one was really informative. And like you said, very open.