Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Agreed. The last few Canibus interviews I saw (I didn't see the Nems one), he came off a little aloof and easily agitated. But this one was really informative. And like you said, very open.
I’m most happy that it seems like he is on the other end of whatever mental shyt he seemed like he was going through. Seeing Keith Murr lately, I could have easily saw Cani acting like that if he was still on the same time he was on during his whole “battle out the notebook” phase. He said some out of pocket shyt on here, but it wasn’t “crazy”, it was coming from a place of how much impact he had when he was in his prime, and a lot of people probably won’t remember how he was looked at back then. I’m more disappointed in how LL has reacted to Cani’s current media tour. Like, L is a ducking legend in hip hop, his spot is secured, it cost him nothing at all to hat tip Can, and tell him the equivalent of “good game”.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I’m most happy that it seems like he is on the other end of whatever mental shyt he seemed like he was going through. Seeing Keith Murr lately, I could have easily saw Cani acting like that if he was still on the same time he was on during his whole “battle out the notebook” phase. He said some out of pocket shyt on here, but it wasn’t “crazy”, it was coming from a place of how much impact he had when he was in his prime, and a lot of people probably won’t remember how he was looked at back then. I’m more disappointed in how LL has reacted to Cani’s current media tour. Like, L is a ducking legend in hip hop, his spot is secured, it cost him nothing at all to hat tip Can, and tell him the equivalent of “good game”.
What did LL say?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
What did LL say?
He was just on a pod talking about he can’t believe that Can is still talking about the battle. I think he thinks that Can’s description of the whole thing doesn’t put him in the best light. I think if anything, L should embrace Can, he got wayyyy more out of that than Can did.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like the Canibus clips but they're dancing around a few things. A lot of the issues with Canibus' career revolved around terrible decision making on his part and him not listening. When he says Biz didn't try to give him beats...first off why would you want Biz beats in the 00s. Second off Canibus was buying some of the cheapest beats possible in order to preserve that budget money. Lot of dudes did that at the time. Some had an ear and found good beats. When the Roc found Just Blaze and Kanye they were doing beats for 10k or less, which was perfect. But some had terrible ears and just bought bad shyt.

If someone says hey man I can help you with the beats and you blow them off because you don't want to pay...how can you say you were being hated on in the industry? DJ Clue is on Canibus' first album, he was once a mixtape god. So why tell Bigga you didn't want to throw out some tracks for mixtapes because you were touring globally lol. Even Jay and Nas were still in tune with mixtapes in 2000 and 2001 so how could Canibus be above that?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I like the Canibus clips but they're dancing around a few things. A lot of the issues with Canibus' career revolved around terrible decision making on his part and him not listening. When he says Biz didn't try to give him beats...first off why would you want Biz beats in the 00s. Second off Canibus was buying some of the cheapest beats possible in order to preserve that budget money. Lot of dudes did that at the time. Some had an ear and found good beats. When the Roc found Just Blaze and Kanye they were doing beats for 10k or less, which was perfect. But some had terrible ears and just bought bad shyt.

If someone says hey man I can help you with the beats and you blow them off because you don't want to pay...how can you say you were being hated on in the industry? DJ Clue is on Canibus' first album, he was once a mixtape god. So why tell Bigga you didn't want to throw out some tracks for mixtapes because you were touring globally lol. Even Jay and Nas were still in tune with mixtapes in 2000 and 2001 so how could Canibus be above that?
The whole interview is good, worth the time imo.

Basically the answer was “Wyclef gave me the opportunity, he was selling 20 million so i did what he said”. Then after the wyclef era, he was self funding and desperate and eminem fukked his mind up. Then he joined the army. Which, is a very interesting conversation.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
this nikka has had some shytty guests for a minute now outside of canibus and freeway recently
I liked the Bink one too but I agree.

This episode is just to get mainstream attention I'm sure. She's a reality TV star from Mob Wives and she be in the media and known for talking crazy so i'm sure she gonna say some reckless shyt that'll get him on the blogs.