Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I believe in god/a higher power but that bullshyt math was tryna kick at that point had me laughing smh
Yes, Bigga/Math and folks like them are very selective in what they choose to convey, and have interpretation of the “bible” that only reinforces and justifies their behavior. It’s like “God forgives my checkered past, but fukk what y’all doing/talking about” it’s so easy to wrap yourself in religion to justify any bullshyt and claim you are “God’s soldier”, and then hop on your soapbox, lol easiest moral/ethical lick going *pause*

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This Dres episode is really good so far, mainly because Mecca is STFU and letting him talk.

When Mecca interjects there's this weird accusatory, high and mighty tone that just kills me lol.

I'll finish the second part tomorrow, and while I already saw the clip of Bigga exploding I saw another tangent from him yelling about demons, who created the word nikka, and who wrote the bible lmao. This shyt is so corny and I'm glad Mecca and Dres handled it like they did. Getting caught up on who did what thousands of years ago is irrelevant to where we are today. How do we fix shyt now. Dres says we do it via family and community. That sounds like a good idea to me in theory. How we get there is another matter but still, I like where his headspace is.

Also love how Dre shut down that Kanye shyt. If I learn that someone said my mother is a bytch and told me to suck his dikk, my immediate reaction would not be "yea but he also said some smart things too." Too many people have been doing that with Kanye. If you say slaver was a choice, George Floyd didn't get choked by that cop, AND you hang out with literal Nazis I don't give a shyt what else you gotta say. We're done. You're on one side with my enemies, and I'm on the other side.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
When Mecca interjects there's this weird accusatory, high and mighty tone that just kills me lol.

I'll finish the second part tomorrow, and while I already saw the clip of Bigga exploding I saw another tangent from him yelling about demons, who created the word nikka, and who wrote the bible lmao. This shyt is so corny and I'm glad Mecca and Dres handled it like they did. Getting caught up on who did what thousands of years ago is irrelevant to where we are today. How do we fix shyt now. Dres says we do it via family and community. That sounds like a good idea to me in theory. How we get there is another matter but still, I like where his headspace is.

Also love how Dre shut down that Kanye shyt. If I learn that someone said my mother is a bytch and told me to suck his dikk, my immediate reaction would not be "yea but he also said some smart things too." Too many people have been doing that with Kanye. If you say slaver was a choice, George Floyd didn't get choked by that cop, AND you hang out with literal Nazis I don't give a shyt what else you gotta say. We're done. You're on one side with my enemies, and I'm on the other side.
Yeah I just skipped over the Bigga talk in part 2. I don't know why Math thinks having a Bible thumping Lurch is enhancing the podcast experience for the listener. In my QA speak, he's a defect not a feature.

Dres also broke down some good shyt about musicians getting their publishing back after 35 years, it's really 33, because if you don't put in the paper work 2 years prior, the contract just rolls over after the 34th year. So if you try to come get your masters after the 35 years, you already missed the boat.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
right.

any other guest, they're like "I believe, but nah, nah....."

Bigga start thinking he Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

that ep, Gunz showed him he had no leverage/power, so he shut up and we got Math praying Bigga jumped in, talking bout "have you ever walked with no legs"

I just watched that clip and I'm in tears :laff:
:laff::laff:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Shout out French. I remember back in the day he would turn up drunk for EVERY interview slurring his words. shyt is mad weird seeing him sober dropping knowledge lol. Been watching this nikka career since 09
yup came in to say the same, one of my favorite episodes math has ever done, top 5. French dropped a few gems

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

is mecca the knock off R Kelly lookin dude?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
is mecca the knock off R Kelly lookin dude?
The guy with the dreads who used to write for The Source. I don't dislike him, after all anyone who rides for Nas on a heavy Hov-centric show like this is my guy lol. But he def can be super annoying with the framing of his questions at times and I'm surprised artists haven't really gotten agitated with his tone. Styles P did to a degree at times but that was it.