Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm finishing up the Dave East episode, him talking about being addicted to lean is actually a good segment for these younger kids to watch. He was literally a dope fiend during that time.

Hearing him is why I’m going strong on this stay away from drugs shyt. I wish more rappers told the truth about this shyt and the way it fukks up your body. Lean abusers are literally dope fiends. Addicted pill poppers are literally crack heads.. no funny shyt either.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Champ telling the story of nikkas was gonna run down on Troy Ave in prison in the medical room (while he was in a wheelchair) because they thought he shot Maino's girl during the shootout at Irving Plaza :dead: . Champ said he had to convince them to relax. Prison nikkas is ignorant.

Troy said he wouldn't have known about that if Champ didn't tell it, because nikkas never approached him aggressively when he was there face to face.

I also didn't know Champ was Ra Diggs cousin. Troy asked him if he knew Trife and he said he was cool with all of them. Troy shouted out Trife. So I guess they over the issue they had.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t even started watching any of troy’s episodes. Based off the titles math has dropped, hasn’t intrigued me to want to watch especially cuz I know Troy can be annoying in his speech for the most part but ya got me ready to give this wild ass dude a try…. Just wish he would chill more and be humble and let the coat come off. But this legit might just be who he is. Lol

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of folks seem not to like his arrogance/cockiness but dude is just very straightforward imo

:comeon:

People don't like him because he's the type to show up to court with a fur, vest, and a hat that says Bake & Water Whip Weight Again.

troy-ave.jpg

He goes out of his way to be unlikable. Yeah, he might say the right things in an interview but he's always doing too much. From stealing songs, dissing a deceased Capital Steez, trying to pin the gun in his van on Lito, etc

You want to have an ego at least have the talent to justify it.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People don't like him because he's the type to show up to court with a fur, vest, and a hat that says Bake & Water Whip Weight Again.

troy-ave.jpg

He goes out of his way to be unlikable. Yeah, he might say the right things in an interview but he's always doing too much. From stealing songs, dissing a deceased Capital Steez, trying to pin the gun in his van on Lito, etc

You want to have an ego at least have the talent to justify it.

that’s a fair point…I like some of his music but I agree it doesn’t match his antics/arrogance…he has a handful of songs that I can say I really fukk with

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Champ telling the story of nikkas was gonna run down on Troy Ave in prison in the medical room (while he was in a wheelchair) because they thought he shot Maino's girl during the shootout at Irving Plaza :dead: . Champ said he had to convince them to relax. Prison nikkas is ignorant.

Troy said he wouldn't have known about that if Champ didn't tell it, because nikkas never approached him aggressively when he was there face to face.

I also didn't know Champ was Ra Diggs cousin. Troy asked him if he knew Trife and he said he was cool with all of them. Troy shouted out Trife. So I guess they over the issue they had.

do you have access to the full ep or something cuz I haven’t seen that clip yet?

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Troy Ave is his own worst enemy. I really liked NYC the album and he had a few mixtapes/songs that were actually good. He's legitimately nowhere near as bad of an artist as the internet and message boards make him seem. His problem is he's just unlikable. It's beyond just being arrogant. Plenty of successful arrogant rappers out there, but Troy goes to the extreme and just crosses over into a$$hole/bozo territory and doesn't have the self awareness to reel it back in.

Dissing Capital Steez was a big mistake. This was during the error where dissing the dead was still considered a taboo thing that was frowned upon in our culture. Plus a lot of people have been touched by suicide and mental health. Even when this was brought up to him by people like Styles P and Angela Yee, Troy only went on to double and triple down on the disrespect using the most crude language possible. At 1 point he was doing songs with Puff, Fab, Ross, Jeezy, etc and seemed like he was on the verge of going to a different level career wise but he couldn't get out of his own way. The Irving Plaza thing happened which even though was a tragedy, it gave Troy a avenue to increase his visibility....he almost looked like a sympathetic figure for a minute...then he did interviews publicaly beefing with his dead man's mom and brother :snoop:. I check for his music from time to time still, but if he doesn't advance any further career wise, it won't be the industry's fault.