Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
How does he owe them money, they said he paid them, am I mistaken? The only person he owes is Space and he sent him like 30 texts in a row and Space never responded. Not much he can do at that point.

The end game for the fake Revolt deal was to get Math to sign over rights to his show, so Esso, Hynaken and the other two men (under the guise of Revolt executives) would have control of the rights. That's why they were pressuring him to sign the Revolt deal they presented, because it was basically a contract giving up ownership of his brand. They probably was gonna give Math some upfront money to hold him over while he waits for a Revolt deal that never comes, meanwhile, they own his brand. And exactly, they can't negotiate on Math's behalf, which is why Math's BS radar went off when they kept pressing him to sign it.

And Math having industry friends that can make calls to executives at Revolt is not something that's really takes much imagination lol.
Where'd he talk about it? I just want to make sure I ain't missing context before judging. I would like to hear Math's angle. His shyt just sounds so out there and usually the simplest explanation is most likely. Which sounds more logical? Math knows he's about to sign a big deal and decides to trim the fat so that he gets a much bigger cut or three key contributors of the show all decide at the same time to try and snake him?

As far as owing money didn't Esso, Hynaken, and Spaceghost all say that they got to talking to each other and all discovered that Math owed them all money and had a bunch of excuses for why he hadn't paid them all back? I thought that was discussed on the pod Esso and Hynaken did. I can't stand listening to them enough to go back and listen again about their side of the story.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Btw, I shouldn't say "Yes" as in, Math's story is a 100% fact and you can't convince me otherwise, but I tend to believe it is PROBABLY true.

Esso has been in the industry a long time, knows a lot of people and knows more about business than Math. I think the argument they had outside the shop left him agitated and he never viewed Math the same, kind of like when Math sent Rory home. Once Esso realized he had no stake in a brand that he's been on for months, and in his mind (and to some truth), help expand, he decided he was going to create a way to gain some ownership. And came up with the Revolt idea. I'm sure those guys he presented to Math aren't nobodies in the industry and probably have enough connections to make it believable they could orchestrate a Revolt deal. Which, to someone knew to the industry like Math, seem legit on the surface, until you do some investigating.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where'd he talk about it? I just want to make sure I ain't missing context before judging. I would like to hear Math's angle. His shyt just sounds so out there and usually the simplest explanation is most likely. Which sounds more logical? Math knows he's about to sign a big deal and decides to trim the fat so that he gets a much bigger cut or three key contributors of the show all decide at the same time to try and snake him?

As far as owing money didn't Esso, Hynaken, and Spaceghost all say that they got to talking to each other and all discovered that Math owed them all money and had a bunch of excuses for why he hadn't paid them all back? I thought that was discussed on the pod Esso and Hynaken did. I can't stand listening to them enough to go back and listen again about their side of the story.
Joe Budden episode is when it's discussed.

I don't believe Math cut them off to sign a deal with Revolt. I honestly think Revolt wanted/wants to sign Math or at least had interest and he tried to negotiate for the other guys but they didn't care about them. Usually when these deals are presented, they care about the main person (Math, Joe Budden) and the other guys are not a part of the deal. Now, you can break them off a percentage of what you make in the deal, but ultimately, you don't owe them any of that money. So he wouldn't need to fire them to not pay them, because it wouldn't be their money even if they were on the show still. Same way if you sign your label under an imprint, the money they give you for the you, the person who owns the label, and you get to distribute the funds how they see fit.

Math fired them for starting their own podcast even though it was in their contract with him that they couldn't have an interview based podcast. They were gone for months before the public knew, and Math never went to the internet and said these guys are not a part of MEO. They kept acting like they were still on the show, months after they had been let go. Which is why I still thought they were on the show. I've seen Esso respond to fans on IG up until a week before the Bagfuel episode when they had their rant, pretend like he was still on the show, even though he was fired a long time before.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I don’t know why the majority on this site always believe the sidekicks that want equal footing to the actual creators. These folks get huge exposure, and opportunities to make something themselves, but don’t want to do any of the heavy lifting. They see people like Math, or Joe, and think they are entitled to that marque.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know why the majority on this site always believe the sidekicks that want equal footing to the actual creators. These folks get huge exposure, and opportunities to make something themselves, but don’t want to do any of the heavy lifting. They see people like Math, or Joe, and think they are entitled to that marque.
Nah I think cats like you are just groupies. We see greed nonstop. In Joe’s case he has contradicted himself plenty of times and stays changing his story on what happened with the split and there will still be clown like you with the pom-poms defending every new spin on the story.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I think people have a tendency to believe the people with the lesser names because more people relate to that dynamic of the employee more than the boss, and sometimes they conflate their personal interactions with their employer. I've done it/do it too. Do some people with big names snake the people under them? Absolutely. But after hearing both sides, I just don't believe what Esso and Hynaken are selling.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Nah I think cats like you are just groupies. We see greed nonstop. In Joe’s case he has contradicted himself plenty of times and stays changing his story on what happened with the split and there will still be clown like you with the pom-poms defending every new spin on the story.
Breh, ok, we don’t agree about this, but a “groupie”? Why do you have to be a dikkhead? I’m all about calling people out for being snakes in business, but when I see folks like Math and Joe that hustled and built something from nothing, I tend to not dismiss hard work for folks coming in and trying to claim shyt they didn’t earn. I’m not in here defending billionaires, and shyt, and dismissing my arguments as groupie shyt is shortsighted and emotional

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
How does he owe them money, they said he paid them, am I mistaken? I remember Esso saying if they use his likeness on Revolt, he will sue. But if Math eventually does go on Revolt, I doubt they'd care about his old content. The only person he owes is Space and he sent him like 30 texts in a row and Space never responded. Not much he can do at that point.

The end game for the fake Revolt deal was to get Math to sign over rights to his show, so Esso, Hynaken and the other two men (under the guise of Revolt executives) would have control of the rights. That's why they were pressuring him to sign the Revolt deal they presented, because it was basically a contract giving up ownership of his brand. They probably was gonna give Math some upfront money to hold him over while he waits for a Revolt deal that never comes, meanwhile, they own his brand and can make backdoor deals without his knowledge.

All this happened (the fake Revolt contract offer) after Math had a heated argument with Esso outside the shop and sent Esso home. Then a few weeks (or months) later after Esso returned to the show, is when he presented the deal to Math and introduced him to the "execs". And exactly, they can't negotiate on Math's behalf, which is why Math's BS radar went off when they kept pressing him to sign it.

I believe when Math sent Esso home, that's when he was thinking "Damn, I've been on this show for months and I have no ownership to the brand and no rights, and Math can just send me home and I have no say" and he decided to come up with a plan to get some ownership of the brand.

And Math having industry friends that can make calls to executives at Revolt is not something that's really takes much imagination lol. This was all during the Budden and Flip episode Math discussed it.
Cmon breh you and I both know Math is full of shyt. He owed spaceghost and said he had 6,000 dollars in his walet and lost it. Who the fukk does that? 6,000 in a wallet? That makes no sense.

Space also said he sent him an invoice. Why would he answer a text when you know how much you owe, just pay the money. He didn't want to hear no dumb excuses, just pay up lol. If you owed me over 6,000 dollars for work you think I want to talk to you.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
Cmon breh you and I both know Math is full of shyt. He owed spaceghost and said he had 6,000 dollars in his walet and lost it. Who the fukk does that? 6,000 in a wallet? That makes no sense.

Space also said he sent him an invoice. Why would he answer a text when you know how much you owe, just pay the money. He didn't want to hear no dumb excuses, just pay up lol. If you owed me over 6,000 dollars for work you think I want to talk to you.
Im Convinced homeboy is actually Math at this point smh

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
lol math is a natural thief. he even used to steal from his fans.
he was selling his pac (wack) juice album outside an event for like 5 dollars a few years back.
some guy (yung sir approved) gave him a 20 and he tried to keep the 15 on some snake sh!t.
same guy. higher stakes.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
lol math is a natural thief. he even used to steal from his fans.
he was selling his pac (wack) juice album outside an event for like 5 dollars a few years back.
some guy (yung sir approved) gave him a 20 and he tried to keep the 15 on some snake sh!t.
same guy. higher stakes.
That's some bum ass shyt to do. You dead ass? lol

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you sign a contract with someone or a business and they don't pay you according to the contract, they are in violation of the contract. I thought Esso and Hynaken said this is what happened. They probably started their podcast after they saw Math either wasn't paying them on time or for the amount on the contract, or he just stopped paying them altogether.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The parts of the story that align are that Math's accounts got hosed and he tried to pay Space. Everything else is perception IMO.

For me, it sounds like some bad business was taking place, whether it was intentional or unintentional. Math's accounts got hosed and he couldn't fulfill an obligation. Do I think Math was trying to short Space intentionally? No. Do I think there is/was a communication gap between Math and Space? Absolutely. And the situation between Math and Bag Fuel is weird, I can't get a read on that.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
If you sign a contract with someone or a business and they don't pay you according to the contract, they are in violation of the contract. I thought Esso and Hynaken said this is what happened. They probably started their podcast after they saw Math either wasn't paying them on time or for the amount on the contract, or he just stopped paying them altogether.
That's what Esso said, he violated the contract and wasn't paying them.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

That's what Esso said, he violated the contract and wasn't paying them.

See, that's bad business.