Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Niccas shyttin on Mecca :lolbron:

Bigga talking about street life and how everyone in the room could relate to it except Mecca and Math was :mjlol:

Mecca mentioning getting an invite and going to a Gay and Lesbian rap battle and Math asking him if he battled.

:dead:

I feel like they mention that Mecca is a square once per episode.

RHQ- "I could tell you different.. you don't know nothing about molly"

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
If Math's story about Esso and Hynaken is true, they really did some snake shyt. Basically they acted like they got negotiated a Revolt deal on Math's behalf and were pushing him to sign it. Math read the contract and realized the stipulations in the contract made no sense. He had a friend with connections to Revolt executives reach out to find out if it was a real contract offer and they told him that contract was fugazi and told Math needs to immediately stop communicating with the fake Revolt executives that Esso and Hynaken presented to him

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Math's story about Esso and Hynaken is true, they really did some snake shyt. Basically they acted like they got negotiated a Revolt deal on Math's behalf and were pushing him to sign it. Math read the contract and realized the stipulations in the contract made no sense. He had a friend with connections to Revolt executives reach out to find out if it was a real contract offer and they told him that contract was fugazi and told Math needs to immediately stop communicating with the fake Revolt executives that Esso and Hynaken presented to him

You really believe this nonsense?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't sound like Math did anything grimey. They broke their contract and got fired.
Math supposedly owed all of them money "but see his accounts got all messed up so he lost access and then had the $6,000 to pay Spaceghost but lost it". C'mon Math shyt always got some excuse. And I fukk with Math way more than the other dudes but just calling it how I see it.

Even with the Revolt story that shyt don't make sense. So what was the end game of setting him up with fake Revolt executives? If Math signed wouldn't he know something was up when he's not on Revolt? And it just so happened that Math coincidentally had a friend that knew a Revolt exec that could confirm it all. Also how would they be able to even negotiate on his behalf? Where'd he give the story about the Revolt execs?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Math supposedly owed all of them money "but see his accounts got all messed up so he lost access and then had the $6,000 to pay Spaceghost but lost it". C'mon Math shyt always got some excuse. And I fukk with Math way more than the other dudes but just calling it how I see it.

Even with the Revolt story that shyt don't make sense. So what was the end game of setting him up with fake Revolt executives? If Math signed wouldn't he know something was up when he's not on Revolt? And it just so happened that Math coincidentally had a friend that knew a Revolt exec that could confirm it all. Also how would they be able to even negotiate on his behalf? Where'd he give the story about the Revolt execs?
How does he owe them money, they said he paid them, am I mistaken? I remember Esso saying if they use his likeness on Revolt, he will sue. But if Math eventually does go on Revolt, I doubt they'd care about his old content. The only person he owes is Space and he sent him like 30 texts in a row and Space never responded. Not much he can do at that point.

The end game for the fake Revolt deal was to get Math to sign over rights to his show, so Esso, Hynaken and the other two men (under the guise of Revolt executives) would have control of the rights. That's why they were pressuring him to sign the Revolt deal they presented, because it was basically a contract giving up ownership of his brand. They probably was gonna give Math some upfront money to hold him over while he waits for a Revolt deal that never comes, meanwhile, they own his brand and can make backdoor deals without his knowledge.

All this happened (the fake Revolt contract offer) after Math had a heated argument with Esso outside the shop and sent Esso home. Then a few weeks (or months) later after Esso returned to the show, is when he presented the deal to Math and introduced him to the "execs". And exactly, they can't negotiate on Math's behalf, which is why Math's BS radar went off when they kept pressing him to sign it.

I believe when Math sent Esso home, that's when he was thinking "Damn, I've been on this show for months and I have no ownership to the brand and no rights, and Math can just send me home and I have no say" and he decided to come up with a plan to get some ownership of the brand.

And Math having industry friends that can make calls to executives at Revolt is not something that's really takes much imagination lol. This was all during the Budden and Flip episode Math discussed it.

Last edited: