Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I feel like they work better as a unit than as individual parts. Math is a okay interviewer at best but nothing special. Mecca is actually a pretty good interviewer as far as questions and following up, but he lacks a certain discretion when it comes to voicing opinions. He needs to learn a balance between not letting the rapper say anything and going back at it with them to the point of awkwardness.

I've tried to listen to Bag Fuel more since you guys have been recommending it, but I'm sorry, I just can't get into. There's a couple interviews that were okay, but for the most part, I'm not a fan. Esso and Hynaken's interview style without someone else there to reel them in just is grating after 20 minutes. Esso talks over guests way too much and Hynaken is just a bad interviewer. But they worked on MEO. All the flaws they all had was picked up by someone else.

Knowledge and Ms. Fit potentially coming back is good, but Knowledge asked a LOT of stupid questions. He's worse than Hynaken. Ms. Fit was good though. But they do need to bring in a new cast because it's missing the barbershop feel that is had before.

Knowledge is the complete opposite of his name , and just from a professional standpoint, he’s not camera ready. He seems like a nice guy but dude really needs to work on communicating.

I don't know if this is going to work. You can't recapture the past. I'm guessing its a one time only thing.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I feel like they work better as a unit than as individual parts. Math is a okay interviewer at best but nothing special. Mecca is actually a pretty good interviewer as far as questions and following up, but he lacks a certain discretion when it comes to voicing opinions. He needs to learn a balance between not letting the rapper say anything and going back at it with them to the point of awkwardness.

I've tried to listen to Bag Fuel more since you guys have been recommending it, but I'm sorry, I just can't get into. There's a couple interviews that were okay, but for the most part, I'm not a fan. Esso and Hynaken's interview style without someone else there to reel them in just is grating after 20 minutes. Esso talks over guests way too much and Hynaken is just a bad interviewer. But they worked on MEO. All the flaws they all had was picked up by someone else.

Knowledge and Ms. Fit potentially coming back is good, but Knowledge asked a LOT of stupid questions. He's worse than Hynaken. Ms. Fit was good though. But they do need to bring in a new cast because it's missing the barbershop feel that is had before.

This clip pefectly encapsulates why Hynaken is just awful to listen to

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Who Ray Daniel's? Is Graph drunk? Last time I seen him on there he seemed like he was there for drinks...

:francis:
Music executive. He was the Senior VP of A&R at Interscope. He made a bunch of hit records with Usher, Beyonce, Lizzo etc...

He just guest hosted on the Joe Budden podcast like last week. He got his own podcast too.