Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Agreed. The thing that excited me was that it felt truly inspired by the Combat Jack show. There were guest episodes but for the most part, Combat Jack was just the hosts shooting the shyt and talking about topics. Combat, Premium Pete, Dallas Penn, DJ Benhamin, Matt Raz, Just Blaze...it was beautiful. Yea it got too chaotic or unfocused at times but the fukkery was amazing, as was the chemistry. Once you move to strict guest-based episodes you essentially put a muzzle on your hosts. You can tell in these Math interviews the guys are waiting their turn to ask generic ass questions, or you get Champ fukking up the flow with some off topic random question.

Some of the earlier guest eps felt like an actual barbershop convo. You walk in and within 30 minutes you're gonna hear brehs talking about the local NFL/NBA/college football squads, LeBron will come up, discussion of the big game of the week, Deion Sanders, Bill Gates conspiracies, relationship problems, movies, laughing at Trump, etc. That's missed when each episode is focused on an autobiographical account of a guest's life or career.

I think it would make sense to start out episodes with 20-30min of shooting the shyt before the guest even arrives. Maybe the guest walks in the shop on some Mr Rogers shyt, and that's when an interview begins.
Hate him if you want, Joe Budden clearly played this well, was shown to be right, and is the only one moving legitimately out here.

If you can't host a podcast WITHOUT guests, you're not legitimate in my opinion.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He said him and Math are at a fork in the road at the moment.

Hyneken and Esso said it without saying it that Math is making 6 figures a month and not breaking bread. Bigga wasnt getting paid either.
shyt was clear as day when Math was talkin bout he had 6k cash for his camera man and "lost it" :dead:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m listening to the Bigga interview and he already pointed out what’s with wrong with the show. It started out as a barbershop conversation with the guest contributing to just another interview platform.

With the old crew, they didn’t even need guest.

yeah. but the show didn't take off until it evolved into an interview platform. barbershop style interviews was the sweet spot; they're basically doing a better, more cost-effective version of lebron's hbo show.

there's an argument to be made that as the show evolved you don't need bigga. he doesn't fit cleanly anymore. but...

as annoying as bigga can be on camera, that annoying OG-speak (ie, ranting and raving) helped the show get where it is. math needs to stop talking in riddles and address this shyt. clearly. cause right now, he's just deflecting and playing the aggrieved party. again.