Official thread: Annabelle: Creation

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely disagree. Felt like they tried to do camera work like Wan mostly in the beginning of the film, and it failed miserably. Forgettable characters, and the story only progressed in between the cheap scares, which this film has plenty of. Fairly unimaginative, and while the first Annabelle had a terrible ending (like many films within the genre,) the scares felt a lot more imaginative than any of the ones in this film. This and the Conjuring 2 have marked a decline in this series/universe.

Also, they did not build tension whatsoever in this film. None. The scares became frustrating by the ending of the film.

Movie was just a rehash of The Conjuring 2 right down to the scares.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was okay.

Wasn't bad,much better than the first and I loved the way it tied into the first.

But it wasn't great.

I actually felt about this film the exact same way I felt about the ouijia prequel.

Like someone doing a Wan impression but missing that "it" factor that Wan has where he knows exactly how to frame shots and use sound to his advantage. As well as having great pacing.

Not to say this film doesn't have its moments. The child actors were all very good.

The pacing was kind of off. It started way too slow and then crammed way too much in a short time.

I do like just how demonic these films are. The little nun shot in the frame was dope.

After credit scene was bleh.

6.5/10

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm legit surprised at how well this is doing box office wise.

Even though it's been decently fairly well received I thought the first ones quality would see this one take a dip.

The ouijia prequel made less then the first even though it's far better received.

So far this is outpacing the first film at the box office.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm legit surprised at how well this is doing box office wise.

Even though it's been decently fairly well received I thought the first ones quality would see this one take a dip.

The ouijia prequel made less then the first even though it's far better received.

So far this is outpacing the first film at the box office.

Word of mouth. And people love horror movies. And James wan seal of approval

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Word of mouth. And people love horror movies. And James wan seal of approval
lol I doubt people are going to see this because of James wan. 99.9 percent of the USA population aren't movie experts like you are Marty!! Lol

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I just realised that nun broad is the reporter Pablo was fukking with in Narcos. I knew she looked familiar.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
OK horror film, got me a few times.

The girl in this (Linda) was the creepy chick in the Ouija movie as well, she's going to make a killing in the horror genre

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This was better than the first one but that's not saying much.
It was peculiar how this movie basically made the doll a side character instead of the main focus of this movie. It was basically just another demonic possession movie in a long line of demonic possession movies that hit most of the same beats as all the other ones.
And did anyone else lose count of how many of those blah little girls were in the house? I completely blanked on 2-3 of them so that when they were all gathered together I was like "where the fukk did those extra kids come from?":dwillhuh:.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Finally saw it a couple weeks back. I dig like it more than the first, which I barely remember at this point. It's a cool lil' horror flick to watch in a dark theater on a late Fri or Sat night. Nothing more or less, nothing out of the ordinary.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The demon's powers are random as fukk. Sometimes it's in two places at once, sometimes it'll warp space /time amd other times you can outrun it or slam a door in its face.

It was a cool movie though and I like how they tied it to the first one.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Watched this with family, sister and wife were terrified pretty much from the time the girls got to the home.
I really enjoyed the flick though, it had some good scares, I felt most of the dumb decision were explained by the girls age.
I do agree that at times the powers felt random, also it seemed like there was more than 1 demon.
I also agree that the explanation felt very rushed.
Still a great horror flick 5/5 fiyaballs