Official thread: Annabelle: Creation

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Saw this tonight. It was very very dope. Dude clearly learned from James wan as far as staging and setting up scares and just atmosphere and tension. Also a nice tie in to the first Annabelle movie for anyone interested.

My one complaint is there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when characters heard another character screaming :russ: shyt really bothered me

Absolutely disagree. Felt like they tried to do camera work like Wan mostly in the beginning of the film, and it failed miserably. Forgettable characters, and the story only progressed in between the cheap scares, which this film has plenty of. Fairly unimaginative, and while the first Annabelle had a terrible ending (like many films within the genre,) the scares felt a lot more imaginative than any of the ones in this film. This and the Conjuring 2 have marked a decline in this series/universe.

Also, they did not build tension whatsoever in this film. None. The scares became frustrating by the ending of the film.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Lmaoooo this chick just told me she wanted to cry during it

Was it really that bad? Any good parts??

I watch a lot of horror, so I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to films in the genre. This film might be a decent date movie, but anyone who is a fan of horror will find this movie to be weak.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Absolutely disagree. Felt like they tried to do camera work like Wan mostly in the beginning of the film, and it failed miserably. Forgettable characters, and the story only progressed in between the cheap scares, which this film has plenty of. Fairly unimaginative, and while the first Annabelle had a terrible ending (like many films within the genre,) the scares felt a lot more imaginative than any of the ones in this film. This and the Conjuring 2 have marked a decline in this series/universe.
Conjuring 2 was fantastic. Sooo.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
How yall react to the IT scene?

You talking about the preview? That shyt was pretty dope.:obama: I haven't kept up with the film at all, so I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but that shyt had everyone in the theater quiet as hell in anticipation of the scene playing out.

Daps
Reppin
California
You talking about the preview? That shyt was pretty dope.:obama: I haven't kept up with the film at all, so I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but that shyt had everyone in the theater quiet as hell in anticipation of the scene playing out.

Noice, yeah just wonder how everyone responded. Had to be random as hell for some

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Conjuring 2 was fantastic. Sooo.

I disagree. Prior to Pt.2 being released, James Wan was rumored to be uninterested in directing another film in the conjuring series, and I feel the final product really reflects that disinterest. It's not terrible, but a clear decline in overall quality and creativity -- it was too similar to the first, and that film already relied heavily on classic horror tropes.

Final thoughts on this Annabelle 2:
I was excited to see what they would do with all the pieces they brought together. Ominous house, dolls all around the house, orphans and a nun, a family with a (dark?) secret.

But they squandered everything.

The house never seemed to stop growing. Anyone trying to keep up with the rooms and property is bound to get frustrated by how enigmatic the house was built. And it certainly added nothing to the overall atmosphere.

The dolls being used so rarely wouldn't have bothered me so much had the director not decided to include a scarecrow for a significant portion of the film.

The orphans and the nun presented a different dynamic beyond the family dynamic we typically see in horror films, and that's especially true for the conjuring/Annabelle films. But none of the characters and their relationships are ever fleshed out, thus they become forgettable.

The dark secret was predictable as hell, and the way it was explained by one of the more mysterious character was rushed in such a way that it deflated the mystique out of both the character, and the actual reveal itself. This series in particular needs to break away from Christianity-based conventions already -- I'm tired of the answer to every dark room being a crucifix.:francis:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I disagree. Prior to Pt.2 being released, James Wan was rumored to be uninterested in directing another film in the conjuring series, and I feel the final product really reflects that disinterest. It's not terrible, but a clear decline in overall quality and creativity -- it was too similar to the first, and that film already relied heavily on classic horror tropes.
It's better than the first film. And there is nothing in that film to suggest Wan was disinterested. It contained some of the most emotional resonate scenes in his horror career as well as some of his most creative scenes.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
It's better than the first film. And there is nothing in that film to suggest Wan was disinterested. It contained some of the most emotional resonate scenes in his horror career as well as some of his most creative scenes.

I'm legitimately curious about why you feel that way. Do you mind explaining?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It was definitely better than the first, but jump scares start to get predictable after a while.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Also, they did not build tension whatsoever in this film. None. The scares became frustrating by the ending of the film.

I'd tell you I disagree but I see @Dominic Brehetto alressy is handling that so carry on

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
This was better than the 1st 1, which was %60 Dog shyt. :manny:

Had to check it out for that 4 Minute IT clip which was
NOTHING that You haven't seen from the Original, just a few new lines and better looking.

I have a few questions though because they're building a Universe with this.
Do you think the Scarecrow will get his own Spinoff?:lolbron:

When Sister Charlotte was showing her Picture from Home with the other 3 Nuns, did you notice the 1 in the shadow all the way to right? Was it Sister Irene from The Conjuring 2?:lupe:

Everybody wants a Universe now.:mjlol: